ToggleME

ToggleME 3.1.4

No permission to download
Thanks for the update.(y) I love the screenshot and I am planing to use it soon.
I would like to use this add-on for one main purpose, the header. I have a large header with my logo, is it possible to get it toggled by using this mod?
If it's only for one element, it's better to write a dedicated code (it's not the purpose of this addon). But are you sure you want to make your main logo "toggleable"? It's your website identity. You should may be try to make it smaller.

Does this work on any style? I use the Audentio Class style as my main one.
Briefly looking at it, shouldn't be a problem. This is something the author cannot answer as there are too many styles out there for he or she to know whether it works universally. If you have trouble with it, submit a ticket at my site :)

Love the new version. I currently have my forum index categories all set to collapse by default except the first three. There seems to be a small problem with this though, as my users are complaining about their settings not being saved between browser sessions. For example, some users are collapsing those categories and expanding the ones they normally use. These settings will stay intact when they return to the forum index, but if they close out the browser and open it again, their settings are reset. I tried this for myself in Chrome without deleting my cookies before closing the browser, and got the same result.

Love the new version. I currently have my forum index categories all set to collapse by default except the first three. There seems to be a small problem with this though, as my users are complaining about their settings not being saved between browser sessions. For example, some users are collapsing those categories and expanding the ones they normally use. These settings will stay intact when they return to the forum index, but if they close out the browser and open it again, their settings are reset. I tried this for myself in Chrome without deleting my cookies before closing the browser, and got the same result.
You're right. Thanks, it seems it's because I didn't set an expire value to the cookie

Each cookie has an expiry date after which it is trashed. If you don't specify the expiry date the cookie is trashed when you close the browser. This expiry date should be in UTC (Greenwich) time.
Source

I didn't know that.

Still trying to track down why this does not work with any of my themes (skins). I'm beginning to think it is as simple as the image placed in the forum titles / categories. Which I'm not sure if that makes any sense

Hi

this addon is a brilliant idea. But I need exactly the same for forums, not only for categories. Would that be possible?

Still trying to track down why this does not work with any of my themes (skins). I'm beginning to think it is as simple as the image placed in the forum titles / categories. Which I'm not sure if that makes any sense
May be you too much modified your theme.

Hi

this addon is a brilliant idea. But I need exactly the same for forums, not only for categories. Would that be possible?
I don't plan to do that.

I don't plan to do that.

That is a bummer. I really would need that instead of toggling categories.

Could I not just exchange the id of a category against the id of a forum in your code? Or would that not work? I am not a coder, so I have no clue about this...

That is a bummer. I really would need that instead of toggling categories.

Could I not just exchange the id of a category against the id of a forum in your code? Or would that not work? I am not a coder, so I have no clue about this...

If you want me to add an option such as forum default opening/closing (and not only categories), I won't because the list would be too long on most of websites.
If you want me to make collapsable all "forum" lines inside a category, I will clearly not do this.
If you want to collapse forums on the main page, then It's already working which should tell me you haven't tried the addon yet and I'm quite talking to my hand right now...

If you want to collapse forums on the main page, then It's already working which should tell me you haven't tried the addon yet and I'm quite talking to my hand right now...

I do not see a possibility to toggle a forum on the main page. I only see a possibility to toggle a category and/or all subforums of a forum. But not the forum itself. See screenshot and show me where it should be to toggle the Canon forum I marked in yellow away.

toggle_forums.webp

I do not see a possibility to toggle a forum on the main page. I only see a possibility to toggle a category and/or all subforums of a forum. But not the forum itself. See screenshot and show me where it should be to toggle the Canon forum I marked in yellow away.

View attachment 36782
See the second "if you want" of my previous post.

Is there a reason for this?
My personal opinion is going to be brutal and I'm sorry for this, but this is a total nonsense. Nevertheless this addon is using a Creative Common Licence, so feel free to update it to suite to your needs.

My personal opinion is going to be brutal and I'm sorry for this, but this is a total nonsense. Nevertheless this addon is using a Creative Common Licence, so feel free to update it to suite to your needs.

:)

o.k., then let me show you a different view on this and the reason why I am interested in this:

We moved from vb to XF. We had 10 different vb forums, each one for a different brand. We now imported all 10 into one single XF forum. In this XF forum, each brand has its own forum. Because of emotional reasons, those users do not like to be thrown in one basket with other brands. Each user thinks, his brand is the only good one etc. Lot of emotions. But because of financial reasons, we do not want to run 10 separate software installations anymore. The separation within a category by brand (each brand has its forum), seems not to be enough for the users.

So with an option for users to hide specific forums they are not interested in, they get the feeling back, that they are alone within their own brand-community and not anymore thrown into one basket with other "enemies". Just psychology. I only try to address and react to the emotions of my users. And as long as it makes those users happy to toggle the other brand-forums away, it makes sense.

I am not a coder, so I can not change anything myself without help. But if you would guide me to the point where I have to change what in the code, I would be willing to try it out.

You need to update your forum architecture to XenForo logic with nodes. I have a similar problem with one of my old vB forum using many subforums (used as categories), and I know I will have to update the layout.

I don't have time to help you to do this, but if you still want to do it, you should seriously think about the user interface to toggle elements.

Top Bottom