ToggleME

ToggleME 3.1.4

No permission to download
@sbj I recommend you take a look at this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thank you very much. Now I had the time to look at the video and I never new how to find those elements. Very appreciated. It helped me in my case and will help me for the futre.

Your screenshot shows you don't ; you use the sprite mode (original mode).
The screenshot is your own screenshot from this ressource. I took it from here. I use css mode, the picture is not from my board.

Actually now I found the right css class name. Just changed the width and height, and removed the border.

Code:
.toggle_me.tglWchild.pcss.active, .toggle_me.tglWchild.pcss.inactive {
    display: inline;
    float: right;
    width: 50%;
    height: 30px;
    font-size: 11px;
    margin-right: 3px;
    border: 0px solid #FFF;
    color: #FFF;
    opacity: 0.65;
    font-family: Arial,"Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif;
    border-radius: 2px;
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 2px -1px rgba(55, 50, 50, 0.5);
    cursor: pointer;
}

Last edited:
For the pure css mode, how can I replace " - " and " + " symbols with " ˄ " and " ˅ " symbols? Or the better question is where can I find those symbols, so I can change them?

For the pure css mode, how can I replace " - " and " + " symbols with " ˄ " and " ˅ " symbols? Or the better question is where can I find those symbols, so I can change them?
=> Template "toggleme_purecss.css" => css property "content" => css are cached => any mod might take some time to refresh.

Reactions: sbj
[Cosmetic unimportant suggestion :coffee: ]
Hello Cédric. there are some way to add the XF Tooltip in the icon of the toggle?
1.gif
Close / Open..I've tried with:
R 2015-03-19 at 05.28.02.webp
But doesn't work, there are any way to add the tooltip?
I like the tooltips lately :coffee:

There are also a small issue using taigachat in forum_list when you keep closed by default the toggle, the scroll position once you refresh and you open the toggle it remain in the top, instead in the bottom. so, you always have to scroll down to see the last message. would be great if it remain in the bottom. (normal behaviour) Not sure if it's possible.
R 2015-03-25 at 08.19.58.webp

I know, but is nice :D, also informative and useful imo, would be great have that tooltip
The source of the script is on Github, feel free to modify it and push a commit :)

There are also a small issue using taigachat in forum_list when you keep closed by default the toggle, the scroll position once you refresh and you open the toggle it remain in the top
That's out of the scope of this addon, no way to know scroll preferences for each nodes or elements.

How can I replace "Sidebar Toggle Button" x with Fontawesome icon?
There's a template called "toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual". You need to "include" (using the xenforo template tag include) it where you want in your style. You can customize it as you wish. Once it has been included, it will be detected by the JavaScript file and the automatic sidebar trigger will not be loaded. I will not provide any support for the integration. It probably should be done per styles. I can just provide an example of what I've done on one board. But this example is just for the style I'm using.

In my style breadcrumb template, I've added below "<fieldset class="breadcrumb">":
Code:
<xen:include template="toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual" />

My template toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual content is:
HTML:
<xen:require css="toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual.css" />

<xen:set var="$tglExtraClass">{xen:if '{$controllerName} == "EWRporta2_ControllerPublic_Articles_2"', 'forbid'}</xen:set>

<div class="tglManualSidebar hide {$tglExtraClass}">
   <p class="mode_o"><i class="fa fa-level-down"></i></p>
   <p class="mode_c"><i class="fa fa-level-up"></i></p>
</div>

It css template content is:
Code:
.tglManualSidebar.hide {display: none; }
.tglManualSidebar.forbid {display: none; }
.tglManualSidebar.closed .mode_c{ display: none; }
.tglManualSidebar.opened .mode_o{ display: none; }

.tglManualSidebar{
   @property "breadcrumbJumpMenuTrigger";
   background-color: @primaryMedium;
   border-bottom-left-radius: 3px;
   display: block;
   position: relative;
   white-space: nowrap;
   text-indent: 9999px;
   overflow: hidden;
   background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255, 255, 255, .3) 0%, rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) 100%);
   background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(255, 255, 255, .3) 0%, rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) 100%);
   filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=#40FFFFFF, endColorstr=#00FFFFFF);
   box-shadow: 0 0 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, .2);
   width: 29px;
   height: 32px;
   @property "/breadcrumbJumpMenuTrigger";
   border-radius: 0;
   text-indent: 0;
   margin-left: 1px;
   color: @secondaryLightest;
   font-size: 15px;
   line-height: 32px;
   text-align: center;   
}

.tglManualSidebar.closed, .tglManualSidebar:hover{
   border-color: @secondaryMedium;
   background-color: @secondaryMedium;
   box-shadow: none;
}

<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@minResponsiveWideWidth)
{
   .tglManualSidebar {display: none; }
}
</xen:if>

There's a template called "toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual". You need to "include" (using the xenforo template tag include) it where you want in your style. You can customize it as you wish. Once it has been included, it will be detected by the JavaScript file and the automatic sidebar trigger will not be loaded. I will not provide any support for the integration. It probably should be done per styles. I can just provide an example of what I've done on one board. But this example is just for the style I'm using.

In my style breadcrumb template, I've added below "<fieldset class="breadcrumb">":
Code:
<xen:include template="toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual" />

My template toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual content is:
HTML:
<xen:require css="toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual.css" />

<xen:set var="$tglExtraClass">{xen:if '{$controllerName} == "EWRporta2_ControllerPublic_Articles_2"', 'forbid'}</xen:set>

<div class="tglManualSidebar hide {$tglExtraClass}">
   <p class="mode_o"><i class="fa fa-level-down"></i></p>
   <p class="mode_c"><i class="fa fa-level-up"></i></p>
</div>

It css template content is:
Code:
.tglManualSidebar.hide {display: none; }
.tglManualSidebar.forbid {display: none; }
.tglManualSidebar.closed .mode_c{ display: none; }
.tglManualSidebar.opened .mode_o{ display: none; }

.tglManualSidebar{
   @property "breadcrumbJumpMenuTrigger";
   background-color: @primaryMedium;
   border-bottom-left-radius: 3px;
   display: block;
   position: relative;
   white-space: nowrap;
   text-indent: 9999px;
   overflow: hidden;
   background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(255, 255, 255, .3) 0%, rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) 100%);
   background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(255, 255, 255, .3) 0%, rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) 100%);
   filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=#40FFFFFF, endColorstr=#00FFFFFF);
   box-shadow: 0 0 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, .2);
   width: 29px;
   height: 32px;
   @property "/breadcrumbJumpMenuTrigger";
   border-radius: 0;
   text-indent: 0;
   margin-left: 1px;
   color: @secondaryLightest;
   font-size: 15px;
   line-height: 32px;
   text-align: center;  
}

.tglManualSidebar.closed, .tglManualSidebar:hover{
   border-color: @secondaryMedium;
   background-color: @secondaryMedium;
   box-shadow: none;
}

<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@minResponsiveWideWidth)
{
   .tglManualSidebar {display: none; }
}
</xen:if>
Do I really need this line?
Code:

Do I really need this line?
Code:
No, that's just a trick to hide the trigger on a particular view controller.

Last edited:
Yes, that's normal. As you can see, there's no wrapper (no place for title for example). You need to edit this tabs widget Bb Code and add it. To do it, open a standard widget template, compare both html structure. You should easily see the difference structure, in other words, see the wrapper.

I could do it for you, it would take no more than 5 minutes, but please try to do it first on your own. Honestly if you know just basic html, it should not be hard.

By the way, nice choice for the toggle FA buttons.

Yes, that's normal. As you can see, there's no wrapper (no place for title for example). You need to edit this tabs widget Bb Code and add it. To do it, open a standard widget template, compare both html structure. You should easily see the difference structure, in other words, see the wrapper.

I could do it for you, it would take no more than 5 minutes, but please try to do it first on your own. Honestly if you know just basic html, it should not be hard.

By the way, nice choice for the toggle FA buttons.
I will leave it as is for now :D
You need to edit this tabs widget Bb Code and add it.
Don't know how to do this one :D
It's BD Widget by the way.

When we use this:
"Default Closed XenForo Categories"

and use it for ALL categories. Does it affect Google search index somehow or SEO?

Last edited:
When we use this:
"Default Closed XenForo Categories"

and use it for ALL categories. Does it affect Google search index somehow or SEO?
That's a recurrent question, the one of using a "display:none" on some text elements. Search on a "search engin", you would find some answers provided by Google itself. In a word: if you hide some text to increase your ranking, it will impact your SEO, otherwise it shouldn't. Then comes the question how does the Google algorithm detect what is hidden on purpose, for this one, you will have to ask them ^^

Reactions: sbj
Top Bottom