ToggleME

ToggleME 3.1.4

No permission to download
When I try to use ToggleMe, there is the following error message on the forum page:

Template Errors: forum_list
DOMDocument::saveHTML() expects exactly 0 parameters, 1 given in /var/www/MYDOMAIN/library/Sedo/ToggleME/Listener.php, line 242:
241: {
242: $__compilerVar25 .= '
243: ';

When I try to use ToggleMe, there is the following error message on the forum page:
Sorry but you will have to update your php version, you can also try to edit the addon code to delete the extra parameter of the function saveHtml, but I will not support this because this change might cause some UTF8 problems.

Your readme is still on 2.1 for the 3.0.1 package :)

I love the new CSS version of the button in the new version!

I'm sure on the old version I had installed I had it setup so that only one usergroup was able to see the button by the postbit and the extra user info was hidden by default.

I'd like it setup so that guests and registered members cannot see the extra userinfo at all, and just members in a given user group then have the button appear which allows them to expand the extra user info.

Is that possible?

I'd like it setup so that guests and registered members cannot see the extra userinfo at all, and just members in a given user group then have the button appear which allows them to expand the extra user info.

Is that possible?
The option is still there, so configure it and check the result. Don't forget to enable the extra user info in the style properties.

I think I'm doing it right, but I'm experiencing odd behaviour, unless I'm not understanding it correctly.

I've got it setup so:

[ToggleME Postbit Area] Usergroups is checked for unregistered, registered and usergroup 1. So that everyone gets the + button.

[ToggleME Postbit Area] State is set to closed by default

In the style properties -> message elements custom user fields is selected

upload_2015-1-1_22-13-16.webp

This means for all users the postbit is hidden by default, but all the custom user fields info is also visible to everyone.

I'd like to hide the custom user fields from non-usergroup 1 members.

I'm thinking I should check usergroup 1 for this setting:

[ToggleME Postbit Area] Visible Extra Information for these usergroups

But this defaults all the postbit info to default open again for some reason, instead of closed.

I don't mind having it so that unregistered and registered don't see any user field info at all. The key part is no one apart from usergroup 1 sees the custom user info, which has real names. Whichever is easiest to achieve.

@RobinHood
This option "[ToggleME Postbit Area] Visible Extra Information for these usergroups" is checking both primary and secondary usergroups. So if "usergroup 1" has also the usergroup "registered", that would not work. You can create another a secondary usergroup to make what you want. I could add an extra option letting admins decide which kind of usergroups should be checked (primary, secondary, all).

The 3.1.0 version has been released on Github. New features:
  • It now supports Font-Awesome (it will have to be installed first on your board)
  • A new template has been created to insert a manual trigger for the sidebar ; you just need to include this template where you want inside your code:
    Code:
    <xen:include template="toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual" />
    Then you can customize it very easily (if you know css). With this new template, you can probably make a better integration to any themes.
I don't release it here: most of the time after a release, there are new members who install the addon and ask questions about it ; but right now I don't have time to make the support.

Attachments

• fa_toggle_1.webp
    fa_toggle_1.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 13
  • fa_toggle_2.webp
    fa_toggle_2.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 12
  • fa_toggle_3.webp
    fa_toggle_3.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 12
  • fa_toggle_4.webp
    fa_toggle_4.webp
    68 KB · Views: 12
cclaerhout updated ToggleME with a new update entry:

Version 3.1.0 released

Version 3.1.0 released
  • It now supports Font-Awesome (it will have to be installed first on your board)
  • A new template has been created to insert a manual trigger for the sidebar ; you just need to include this template where you want inside your code:
    Code:
    <xen:include template="toggleme_sidebar_trigger_manual" />
    Then you can customize it very easily (if you know css). With this new template, you can probably make a better integration to any themes. No support...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When installing this plugin, I can toggle only categories but I can not read one single post.
After klicking on a Forum I get the following error message
The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum does not define an action called .
After deaktivation ToggleME, everything works like before, all Forums are accessable, Posts are viewable,...

Can anybody confirm this behavour?

Erich

When installing this plugin, I can toggle only categories but I can not read one single post.
After klicking on a Forum I get the following error message

After deaktivation ToggleME, everything works like before, all Forums are accessable, Posts are viewable,...

Can anybody confirm this behavour?

Erich
Be sure all the files have been correctly upload, that your server supports at least php 5.3.x (it seems needed for some PHP Dom functions). You should also provide the full error trace.

i been getting this non stop since i updated:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method DOMComment::getAttribute() - library/Sedo/ToggleME/Listener.php:226
Generated By: Test, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(32) "http://mysite.net/forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
many people on my site are getting this

fA3sp.png

its getting an error at this:

$checkClass = $categoryChildNode->getAttribute('class');

within the listener

Last edited:
cclaerhout updated ToggleME with a new update entry:

Version 3.1.1 released

Version 3.1.1 released
  • Fix the check for the nodetype (was only checking for text nodes, now it's checking for everything that is not an xml node)
    Thanks to XxUnkn0wnxX
  • The toggle function for the sidebar has been updated with new functions:
    1. It triggers now the "resize" event on the "window" so that custom mods, such as the slider of XenPorta 2, can update its layout to the new window width ; at the moment of the toggle function is done, it also...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom