1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To what is the liscense tied to?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Bionic Rooster, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

Customer accounts on new purchases require Full Name - email address and or Company name. Is the license tied to the Name? email address? and or the company name?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Licenses are tied to the customer account.

3. Bionic Rooster

Right but what is the customer account tied to? The full name? Email address? Or the company name?

4. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Full name, you can put in a ticket to request your e-mail address to be changed.

5. Bionic Rooster

This would be a corporate purchase. So to tie the license to the full name or an email address that could be changed would not work. The customer account would require being tied to the corporate name because full name or email address could change every 4 years where as the corporation remains the same throughout any internal changes in CEO

6. Bionic Rooster

Would placing the corporate name in the Full Name slot be acceptable rather than a person name?

7. Bionic Rooster

Also I see there is a bulk discount for Xenforo licenses (cool), is there also a bulk discount for the resource manager as well?

8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Is it tied to the full name? Isn't the correct answer that it is tied to the customer account?

The e-mail address, full name and company name cannot be altered without contacting support and collectively they belong to the customer account.

With that in mind, surely if you purchase under the details

Full name: Corporation Name Ltd.
    Company: Corporation Name Ltd.
    E-Mail: corporation@corporation-name.com

Then that is ok?

The license agreement defines "you" as "either an individual or an entity". There's nothing specifically stipulating that it has to be tied to an individual.

For full clarification, though, you should probably use Contact Us.

9. Bionic Rooster

Depends if the "customer account" is tied to the Full Name or any parts thereof of the registration.

This would be more appropriate if allowed.

10. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The account is tied to whatever information you provide us.

If you use the company name and a company email, then thats what is used.

11. Bionic Rooster

That is what I'm looking for. It would not do to have my name associated with the account because I might not be the CEO sometime down the road. And from what I've read, to change the Full Name would be/ could be considered a license transfer which would not be at all acceptable from the company point of view.

Right, thanks for that.

Now about my other question - Also I see there is a bulk discount for Xenforo licenses (cool), is there also a bulk discount for the resource manager as well?

12. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It depends how large of an order, drop us a ticket with the details and Ashley can try to help.

13. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Just ask the team to change your name/e-mail address once the new [permanent] C.E.O. starts taking the role of the position. I think the team at xenForo will work with companies like yourself.

14. Bionic Rooster

Thanks Slavik, ticket submitted.