To what is the liscense tied to?

Bionic Rooster

Customer accounts on new purchases require Full Name - email address and or Company name. Is the license tied to the Name? email address? and or the company name?

Solution
Is it tied to the full name? Isn't the correct answer that it is tied to the customer account?

The e-mail address, full name and company name cannot be altered without contacting support and collectively they belong to the customer account.

With that in mind, surely if you purchase under the details

Full name: Corporation Name Ltd.
Company: Corporation Name Ltd.
E-Mail: corporation@corporation-name.com

Then that is ok?

The license agreement defines "you" as "either an individual or an entity". There's nothing specifically stipulating that it has to be tied to an individual.

For full clarification, though, you should probably use Contact Us.
This would be a corporate purchase. So to tie the license to the full name or an email address that could be changed would not work. The customer account would require being tied to the corporate name because full name or email address could change every 4 years where as the corporation remains the same throughout any internal changes in CEO

Is it tied to the full name? Isn't the correct answer that it is tied to the customer account?

The e-mail address, full name and company name cannot be altered without contacting support and collectively they belong to the customer account.

Then that is ok?

The license agreement defines "you" as "either an individual or an entity". There's nothing specifically stipulating that it has to be tied to an individual.

For full clarification, though, you should probably use Contact Us.

Solution
Depends if the "customer account" is tied to the Full Name or any parts thereof of the registration.

Then that is ok?
This would be more appropriate if allowed.

That is what I'm looking for. It would not do to have my name associated with the account because I might not be the CEO sometime down the road. And from what I've read, to change the Full Name would be/ could be considered a license transfer which would not be at all acceptable from the company point of view.

Right, thanks for that.

Now about my other question - Also I see there is a bulk discount for Xenforo licenses (cool), is there also a bulk discount for the resource manager as well?

That is what I'm looking for. It would not do to have my name associated with the account because I might not be the CEO sometime down the road. And from what I've read, to change the Full Name would be/ could be considered a license transfer which would not be at all acceptable from the company point of view.

Right, thanks for that.

Now about my other question - Also I see there is a bulk discount for Xenforo licenses (cool), is there also a bulk discount for the resource manager as well?

It depends how large of an order, drop us a ticket with the details and Ashley can try to help.

Just ask the team to change your name/e-mail address once the new [permanent] C.E.O. starts taking the role of the position. I think the team at xenForo will work with companies like yourself.

Top Bottom