TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
@Xon
All TinyMCE plugins, themes and languages and managed by the editor itself (it has his own loader). I don't understand why would it hurt to update an "addon"; By addon, do you mean "TinyMCE plugins" ? I can ask Spoke if you want.

@Xon
All TinyMCE plugins, themes and languages and managed by the editor itself (it has his own loader). I don't understand why would it hurt to update an "addon"; By addon, do you mean "TinyMCE plugins" ? I can ask Spoke if you want.
Yes, the TinyMCE plugins don't use any query string bits for cache busting. As such, updating the XenForo javascript version does nothing to force a cache invalidation.

So when I recently updated TinyMCE, users where still getting hit by the bug the update fixed because their browsers had a deathgrip on the old javascript file. And users ignore banners telling them to clear their browser cache if they are having a particular error.

Yes, the TinyMCE plugins don't use any query string bits for cache busting. As such, updating the XenForo javascript version does nothing to force a cache invalidation.

So when I recently updated TinyMCE, users where still getting hit by the bug the update fixed because their browsers had a deathgrip on the old javascript file. And users ignore banners telling them to clear their browser cache if they are having a particular error.
On my boards, when I update a plugin, it is automatically updated which is different for the main TinyMCE file. Are you using any particular cache system?

Edit: the question has been asked (ref).

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
On my boards, when I update a plugin, it is automatically updated which is different for the main TinyMCE file. Are you using any particular cache system?
CloudFlare is fairly aggressive about caching static content, especially as cache buster query strings are almost mandatory for javascript.

Edit: the question has been asked (ref).
Thanks!

cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes with a new update entry:

Version 2.5.1 released

Version 2.5.1 released

Annoncement
This version doesn't add new features and it will be the same thing for the next following ones. The integration is now mature and includes all major features of TinyMCE. So the updates will now focus on improving the integration, fixing bugs and sticking to TinyMCE updates.

Changelog
  • Fix a problem with the XenForo draft integration - Thanks to Xon
  • The new function "alterTagBeforeComplete" has been modified to avoid...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon
I've made a Pull request for TinyMCE. Since the idea of this addon is to stick to the original TinyMCE files, I will not include this modification myself if the commit is not accepted. But if you are interested, I can tell you how to patch the file to make it work with this simple commit.

Reactions: Xon
hello, in one forum works for me insert source code

1.webp

and at the second forum is no button insert source code

2.webp

please tell me how to get the "source code" for the second forum?

hello, in one forum works for me insert source code

View attachment 85852

and at the second forum is no button insert source code

View attachment 85853

please tell me how to get the "source code" for the second forum?
I only enable this button when the XenForo debug mode is enabled as well. There's no reason to annoy users with this. I personally use this to debug quicker. If you want to customize the code for your own needs, just edit this file. You need to check this part of the code:
PHP:
if(XenForo_Application::debugMode())
{
   $mcePlugins[] = 'code';
}

After this, the button position is automatically managed by the function "_manageHtmlCodeButton".

When I attempt to tag someone in my forum, I do not get the typical drop down of users to select from (image below is behavior that I am seeking)

View attachment 87570

I'm running XF 1.4.2 & have installed [bd] Tag Me addon. Anyone have any guesses why I'm NOT seeing this drop-down on my own forum?

[bd] Tag Me addon. Anyone have any guesses why I'm NOT seeing this drop-down on my own forum?
I think the Tag Me addon supports TinyMCE, you might ask @xfrocks to confirm. This TinyMCE addon has a built-in user tag function (plugged on the XenForo one) that is disabled by default. It must be enabled inside its options. But if you use the Tag Me addon I don't think you should enable it.

I think the Tag Me addon supports TinyMCE, you might ask @xfrocks to confirm. This TinyMCE addon has a built-in user tag function (plugged on the XenForo one) that is disabled by default. It must be enabled inside its options. But if you use the Tag Me addon I don't think you should enable it.
Right, in my case it is Disabled.

The thing is that Tag Me used to exhibit proper functionality by displaying the drop down list to the user, but it's recently stopped working and I'm not sure what changed.

I've asked XFRocks as well in the Tag Me Add-on forum. Thanks.

Hi There,
Does anyone have a problem with xenforo 1.3.5 and the wysiwyg quotes

?

When I try to quote a text that has multiple line breaks, EG
upload_2014-11-10_11-13-28.webp

the wysiwyg quote displays 3 different quotes:

upload_2014-11-10_11-13-58.webp

I have the latest tinymce quattro.
Just wondering if someone encountered that before - will keep investigating on my side.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi @cclaerhout ,
stock application - using the reply link.
Somewhere along the way <break- /> tags are added and the end results is a quote per "line break"
I will look into it further tomorrow.
Let me know if you find something :)

Example:

<blockquote class="messageText ugc baseHtml">

ewqeqw<br>
ewqeqw
</blockquote>

gets turned into

<blockquote class="mce_quote" data-mcequote="true" data-username="admin" data-post="22226" data-member="1" data-attributes="post,member"><p>ewqeqw</p></blockquote><blockquote class="mce_quote" data-mcequote="true" data-username="admin" data-post="22226" data-member="1" data-attributes="post,member">ewqeqw</blockquote>

@HotCopper

The reasons are a little hard to explain (it's coming from the way some XenForo functions work), but here's what to do.
Edit the class: "Sedo_TinyQuattro_BbCode_Formatter_Wysiwyg"
Replace:
PHP:
return $this->_wrapInHtml('<blockquote class="mce_quote" data-mcequote="true" ' . $data . '>', '</blockquote>', $content);
With:
PHP:
return '<blockquote class="mce_quote" data-mcequote="true" ' . $data . '>' . $content . '</blockquote>';

I will update this once the next TinyMCE update will be released.

Question.

got this problem with the addon...an idea which setting is wrong...tried them all but cannot find it

the justify problem

just.webp

Top Bottom