TinyMCE Issue - Beta 2 -> Beta 3 Upgrade

Shaun Mason

Hi guys,

I currently have XenForo installed on two different domains, one is my large live domain, and the second is one I am working on. When I upgraded both sites to Beta 3, I had an issue on only 1 site, which is kind of why this is strange.

On the large site, the TinyMCE editor was not rendering in the message quick reply area of my custom style. It was working everywhere else though.

Here are the symptoms.
1) Beta 3 - Large Site - TinyMCE editor not working on custom style.
2) Beta 3 - Large Site - TinyMCE editor IS working on default style.
3) Beta 3 - New Site - TinyMCE editor IS working on default AND style exported from Large Site and Imported.

I eventually downgraded the large site back to Beta 2.

What is curious is the actual source is different. The places where it was working, the TinyMCE editor was displaying in an IFRAME, but it wasn't in my custom style. At that point I thought it must be the style, but it was fine (and so was the source) when I imported it into the second site.

---

Anyway, I would like to upgrade to Beta 3, but don't want to redo the style. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Shaun

Despite the custom style working fine on the second site, I would still be inclined to troubleshoot the custom style. Try systematically reverting any custom templates in the style to see if you can identify a particular template that is causing the problem.

Also try disabling any addons you have installed:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Disable (in the menu on the right)

This might also be a file problem. The tinymce editor has a lot of javascript files in the js directory.

Jake, I did just that.

The issue came down to the $editor (or something similarly named) variable outputting differently on each site. I'm not sure where the editor is SET in the view.

Shaun

Also, normally you shouldn't touch the Master Style. That style is only accessible in debug mode. You should turn off debug mode unless you are developing an addon or debugging a problem.

If reverting the customized template fixes it, then I have to surmise there was some sort of issue. After an upgrade, I recommend checking the "outdated templates" page, as well as confirming any issues on a non-modified style.

Top Bottom