XF 2.2 XF 2.2 Beta 2 and 3 - Stuck in log in loop on some Chrome versions

cdub

I have observed this behavior on two completely separate XF 2.2 Beta 2 and 3 websites...

See this thread:

I go to log in... it then brings me back to the log in page and it looks like I haven't logged in. (it says log in)

I then click log in and it says "You are already logged in. Please click here to return to the forum list."

I return to the forum list and it says I'm not logged in and I need to log in.

The admin control panel just loops back to the log in screen.

I have cleared all cookies and even reinstalled browser.

Works fine on my phone chrome browser and safari on this version. XF 2.1.x sites work fine.

I have seen this behavior on 2 different XF 2.2 beta sites. Curiously it works just fine here on XF.com even after I killed all my cookies while it doesn't work on the beta sites.

I'm running Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) My OS is 10.9.5 and I can't upgrade it on this computer due to legacy software installed.

So strange but overnight this began happening to me and my other admin (in a different country) and it's on both desktop and iOS, tried on multiple browsers.

Has there ever been a consensus on a solution?

Edit: ...and for what it's worth, I have another xf 2.2.x installation on the same server and am not experiencing this issue on that site.

Last edited:
What I've done so far:
1.) restarted php
2.) graceful server reboot
3.) bypassed Cloudflare
4.) cookies/browsers

We have a fairly urgent need to access the ACP.

I'm baffled because nothing changed overnight to cause this. Any ideas at all where to start?

I just checked and I can now access the acp on Opera but not Brave/Chrome. Makes no sense unless it's a caching issue?

Edit: and now, just like that, I can't access it on Opera either. wth

It's always better to start your own thread for support issues, rather than resurrecting a two year old thread.

What is the URL to the ACP?

Top Bottom