TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED)

TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED) 0.7.1

No permission to download
thx Cédric
got one report today for IE9 & 0.52 that editing of a post was not possible. The overlay loaded fine, all buttons are clickable but the content area was like frozen, not possible to click on anything. Was able to reproduce it once in ~40 tries but no pattern to replicate yet.

thx Cédric
got one report today for IE9 & 0.52 that editing of a post was not possible. The overlay loaded fine, all buttons are clickable but the content area was like frozen, not possible to click on anything. Was able to reproduce it once in ~40 tries but no pattern to replicate yet.
Nothing I can do here. And I guess the overlay you're talking is the editor overlay and not the new one for buttons. Might be only a TinyMCE init problem which could also occur with the default one.

I dunno if you will be able to help but when using the full screen mode with the XenCarta addon, it locks up the editor, it looks and acts like a overlay as taken over the page but without anything showing up.

I dunno if you will be able to help but when using the full screen mode with the XenCarta addon, it locks up the editor, it looks and acts like a overlay as taken over the page but without anything showing up.
  • The fullscreen is not for that addon so wrong topic
  • Check if you see any error inside in the js console - if no, I can't do anything

Yep just spotted i replyed to your wrong add-on thread sorry about that. Anyway in Firefox error console i see this come up.
Code:
Timestamp: 09/01/2013 21:54:41
Error: TypeError: tinyMCE.get(...) is undefined
Source File: http://www.yourpshome.net/js/as.js?_v=bba17b4a
Line: 91

Yep just spotted i replyed to your wrong add-on thread sorry about that. Anyway in Firefox error console i see this come up.
Code:
Timestamp: 09/01/2013 21:54:41
Error: TypeError: tinyMCE.get(...) is undefined
Source File: http://www.yourpshome.net/js/as.js?_v=bba17b4a
Line: 91
I guess the as.js file is the autosave addon that has been done here by a member. As it has been written in the other addon description you need to check only one autosave addon. If this one doesn't work, try the official one included with the other addon.

Hi, That's fixed it now, many thanks for the help, i had totally forgot i had that addon added because its not listed with it just being a template edit :)

Hi guys, when I enable Tiny MCE on mobile devices it seems to work fine on IOS but not on Android or other mobiles, it behaves very oddly, is there anyway I can enable it for IOS but not other mobiles? Thanks

Hi guys, when I enable Tiny MCE on mobile devices it seems to work fine on IOS but not on Android or other mobiles, it behaves very oddly, is there anyway I can enable it for IOS but not other mobiles? Thanks
I'm not sure it's a great idea, but anyway
1) see that post
2) use this addon to modify the below conditional:
PHP:
elseif($options->tinymce_fix_mobile == 'yes')

Thanks Cedric, think I will leave it alone and just disable TinyMCE on mobile devices. Might introduce more problems than actually fixing them!

After install v 1.3.4 have 42 items in File Health Check report.

Example:
js/tinymce/jquery.tinymce.js
File does not contain expected contents.

Hi Cedric,

I just ran a Fire Health Check on my site, and a lot of things came up relating to TinyMCE and the editor:

image.webp

Are these coming up because I'm using this add on, which has modified tinymce files?

I have removed both the Enhancement and the Fix mods, uploaded the XF default files, and have now been left without anyone being able to use the Rich Text Editor...HELP!

I have removed both the Enhancement and the Fix mods, uploaded the XF default files, and have now been left without anyone being able to use the Rich Text Editor...HELP!
I remember having told you to simply turn off the TinyMCE option for mobiles.
Anyway, check if you revert the changes done here.

Yes Cedric, I did also upload the default XF file ({forums}/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Editor.php) for the one that I edited as per your instructions so that shouldn't be causing any issues after uninstalling the mod...in fact I un-installed the enhancements mod, I then uninstalled the Fix mod, I then uploaded all the default XF files that you included in your mod and then finally uploaded the XF default Editor.php file to replace the one that was modified for mobiles...and I ended up with just the editor and NOT the Rich Text Editor (my settings has the RTF ticked as well)

Top Bottom