TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED)

TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED) 0.7.1

No permission to download
cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Fix with a new update entry:

Version 0.62 released

Version 0.62 released

• Fix a bug with the addon datawriter for user fields
    => Explanation: when a message is posted on the user profile, the "user" datawriter is called to update the user status. When the user datawriter is called, the user privacy preference option of this addon was automaticall set to disable (same bug that had the Mobile Agent Tracer addon).

To avoid any...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Be interested in seeing if the 1.2 update addresses TinyMCE
We will see soon if the development has continued during the trial or not. If KAM did it, then it's strongly possible, otherwise I don't think the editor problems will be on their top priority list. They first need to update jQuery which means to update all the XenForo Javascript files (a huge work). But it would be great if they could fix the XenForo parser/formatter problems... which are far more annoying than the TinyMCE problems.

Version 0.63 released
  • TinyMCE Javascript for Link function with fast overlays has been updated to fix a problem on mobile broswers (iOS)The problem was: "When inserting a link on iOS6 (Safari or Chrome), it results in a link titled: #mce_temp_url#"
    @Thanks to Travor who found this bug

There's certainly no need to thank me. Thank you for helping out XenForo customers everywhere. The work you're doing is of great help. I hope everyone using your updates and fixes has been donating.

We will see soon if the development has continued during the trial or not. If KAM did it, then it's strongly possible, otherwise I don't think the editor problems will be on their top priority list. They first need to update jQuery which means to update all the XenForo Javascript files (a huge work). But it would be great if they could fix the XenForo parser/formatter problems... which are far more annoying than the TinyMCE problems.
A newer jQuery would be nice, though it's a shame how large the jQuery library is getting these days. Yes, I know it ends up gzipped, but it's grown to almost 100KB minified+uncompressed. Fatter with every release.

I'd love to see a slimmed down Xenforo that doesn't use jQuery at all, plus a newer/leaner editor. This would of course mean degrading the experience for older browsers, but I'm definitely ok with that. People on <IE9 don't deserve a good experience on the web. </end rant>

A newer jQuery would be nice, though it's a shame how large the jQuery library is getting these days. Yes, I know it ends up gzipped, but it's grown to almost 100KB minified+uncompressed. Fatter with every release.

I'd love to see a slimmed down Xenforo that doesn't use jQuery at all, plus a newer/leaner editor. This would of course mean degrading the experience for older browsers, but I'm definitely ok with that. People on <IE9 don't deserve a good experience on the web. </end rant>

That is true, however, bandwidth speed averages are growing just as fast at the same time.

That is true, however, bandwidth speed averages are growing just as fast at the same time.
So are mobile devices on wireless networks, that have network conditions which are often less than ideal ;)

I don't think the speed of internet access at home is increasing very quickly, aside from isolated pockets of fiber access popping up. Australia is still in the dark ages for the most part. Even the US isn't great unless you can get FiOS/Google fiber. This isn't based on actual facts/numbers, just my own observations. I don't think speeds are increasing rapidly enough in most countries to justify bloated libraries and code. "Speed is a feature".

Then they should be served less javascript heavy styles or encourage mobile apps such as TapaTalk. :)
We've already got it as lean as it can be, aside from disabling all JS functionality in XenForo (which would suck). Even TinyMCE alone is a huge "thing" for a device to load up on a 3G network indoors. Couple that with jQuery + images + bloated HTML and styles. It's too big.

IMO, Tapatalk is a compromise because we're unable to provide a decent experience on mobile devices. Tapa is also a Chinese company that's looking out for their own interests and bottom line. So many people relying on them just goes to show that we (and XenForo) haven't provided a platform suitable for mobile use. To be fair, when XenForo first launched this wasn't as much of a priority. There's been a ton of growth in mobile/tablet use during this time frame.

Tapa is also a Chinese company that's looking out for their own interests and bottom line.
Not sure what them being in China is any different than any other business elsewhere. They all look after their bottom line for the most part. I own two TapaTalk Branded apps and can not be any happier with the speed of their support and the addition of new features.

Not sure what them being in China is any different than any other business elsewhere. They all look after their bottom line for the most part. I own two TapaTalk Branded apps and can not be any happier with the speed of their support and the addition of new features.
Mostly the fact that they're particularly well isolated from any sort of liability for your data, or if they infect your users with malware, etc.

Mostly the fact that they're particularly well-isolated from any sort of liability for your data, or if they infect your users with malware, etc.

Fair enough. I used to be a speed nazi but find that has long as it is reasonably speedy and good with features, users are going to stick around. I'm done worrying about optimizing every aspect of my site. The different between 100kb and 125kb, should it grow to that, isn't worth worrying about. Even mobile phone speeds are increasing greatly. Especially the processing power to handle the javascript.

Fair enough. I used to be a speed nazi but find that has long as it is reasonably speedy and good with features, users are going to stick around. I'm done worrying about optimizing every aspect of my site. The different between 100kb and 125kb, should it grow to that, isn't worth worrying about. Even mobile phone speeds are increasing greatly. Especially the processing power to handle the javascript.
It's important to remember how many variables are at play. Most users are not going to have the greatest LTE handset, or even have access to LTE/4G in many places. They also probably have an older/slower Android device, and they're hitting your site from the train or indoors (where reception and network isn't great). That extra 25KB here and there starts to matter at lot. For many people it's difference between having your nav pop up, or seeing a blank screen while JS and downloads churn in the background (or the network has stalled).

Wait and see which is the XenForo strategy for the mobile devices. We can imagine an independent template system only for mobiles which will integrate a solution like jQueryMobile. The jQueryTools (XenForo Overlays, XenForo Tooltips, etc.) are not optimized for mobiles. So they need to find a clean solution. And mixing ordinary templates with mobiles ones is going to be very difficult... The problem of this solution would be to create a lot of new controllers. The answer to that question will come in a few days.

Thanks for the great add on it fixed my issues with IOS and Android....

Quick question, I have seen in alot of pictures there is extra editor buttons available?

How do I turn these on?

In my Xenforo it only shows the stock icons / buttons set?

Cheers!

Top Bottom