TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED)

TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED) 0.7.1

No permission to download
Is there something going on with the zip file? I've uploaded to the server, then reuploaded the files but when I try to install the XML, it keeps telling me that "The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again." This is a new one for me.

Is there something going on with the zip file? I've uploaded to the server, then reuploaded the files but when I try to install the XML, it keeps telling me that "The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again." This is a new one for me.
You didn't upload the files in the good directory.

cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Fix with a new update entry:

Version 0.7 released

Version 0.7 released
  • Version number has changed... and that's all
  • This update is to remind you to upload this extension files after the XenForo 1.1.4 update
  • Just a quick feedback about one bug which is no more there:
    insertion from fast overlays to the editor with Ajax modification on Chrome iOS (not Safari) didn't work (nothing was inserted).
    This problem is no more there. This fix can come from the recent updates of Chrome iOS or from Mike modifications. I've no idea....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi cclaerhout

i have tinymce installed.
Then i upgraded to xf 1.1.4

if i will not reinstall the tinymcefix, does that mean
tinymcefix will not work anymore?
Yes. This addon overrides the XenForo TinyMCE files, so
XenForo files are A
Addons files are B

You installed A, then installed B, then updated with A again, so B must be reinstalled. If you use Chris auto installer addon, just import the update and everything will be ok.

Yes. This addon overrides the XenForo TinyMCE files, so
XenForo files are A
Addons files are B

You installed A, then installed B, then updated with A again, so B must be reinstalled. If you use Chris auto installer addon, just import the update and everything will be ok.

thanks for that info.
If i want to totally removed tinymcefix, what will i do?

I'm confused by this

I revert back to the XenForo Original TinyMCE, but my editor doesn't load anymore ! What's the problem?
Check in the Buttons Manager (of the BbCodes Custom Manager) if you have still have a TinyMCE orphan buttons activated. If yes, just take it back from the editor. That's all.

Where on earth is the "Buttons Manager" ? I can't find it.

I'm confused by this

Where on earth is the "Buttons Manager" ? I can't find it.
As it is written, it is provided with the BbCodes Customer Manager (Bbcm) available here. When you revert back to the TinyMCE original files and you were using some orphan buttons (TinyMCE plugins) from an other plugin (TinyMCE Enhancements), if one orphan button is not delete, then it will continue to search its TinyMCE plugin whereas it no more there.

As it is written, it is provided with the BbCodes Customer Manager (Bbcm) available here. When you revert back to the TinyMCE original files and you were using some orphan buttons (TinyMCE plugins) from an other plugin (TinyMCE Enhancements), if one orphan button is not delete, then it will continue to search its TinyMCE plugin whereas it no more there.

Ahh ok thanks for that. Didn't realise it was another plugin. I didn't have BBCM or TinyMCE Enhancements installed and it still wasn't bringing back the original tinymce even after uninstalling.

TinyMCE 3.5.7 on Mobile devices

File to edit:
{forums}/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Editor.php

Search:
Code:
            $showWysiwyg = !XenForo_Visitor::isBrowsingWith('mobile');

Replace with:(Code on pastbin)
PHP:
            //$showWysiwyg = !XenForo_Visitor::isBrowsingWith('mobile');

/*Hack starts here - To remove it, just delete all code between and uncomment above line*/
            $options = XenForo_Application::get('options');
            $visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();

$tinyfix_rte_mobile_option = ($options->tinymce_fix_mobile_opt_reverse) ? !$visitor->tinyfix_rte_mobile : $visitor->tinyfix_rte_mobile;

if($options->tinymce_fix_mobile == 'no')
            {
                $showWysiwyg = !XenForo_Visitor::isBrowsingWith('mobile');
            }
            elseif($options->tinymce_fix_mobile == 'yes' && $tinyfix_rte_mobile_option)
            {
                $showWysiwyg = true;
            }
            else
            {
                //External addon
                $visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
                if(!$visitor->getBrowser['isMobile'] || $visitor->getBrowser['isTablet'])
                {
                    $showWysiwyg = true;
                }
                else
                {
                    $showWysiwyg = false;
                }
            }
            /*Hack finishes here*/
After upgrading to Xenforo 1.1.4 do I have to re-apply this edit cause my TinyMCE looks weird on Mobile. Trying to figure out why. I'm on TinyMCE Fix 6. Will upgrade to the latest version in a moment.

After upgrading to Xenforo 1.1.4 do I have to re-apply this edit cause my TinyMCE looks weird on Mobile. Trying to figure out why. I'm on TinyMCE Fix 6. Will upgrade to the latest version in a moment.
Yes, see posts 224 & 225.

Reactions: DRE
Yes, see posts 224 & 225.
Okay we must have a misunderstanding, I thought you mean, apply those fixes as in the hardcoded changes which is what I did. When I did Step 2 it wouldn't allow me a post anymore so I reverted that change. Are you saying that no direct code modifications are needed anymore?

Okay we must have a misunderstanding, I thought you mean, apply those fixes as in the hardcoded changes which is what I did. When I did Step 2 it wouldn't allow me a post anymore so I reverted that change. Are you saying that no direct code modifications are needed anymore?
You asked me if the hardcoded changes must be redone after the update and I've answered yes. So direct code modifications must still be done.
If you've got any problem, you should reupload the original file and do again the modifications.

Hi,

Probably done something wrong so apologies in advance ;) (I've read the whole thread, but may have missed the answer!)

Installed this so that my iPad users could see the full editor tools when using Chrome/Safari to browse the forum (my preferred method too). It added fine and I could use the full editor.

I then started getting reports that Internet Explorer users had lost the editor, and they couldn't post! It works ok on my IE10 install, and only some IE9 (and earlier) affected.

Is this something I have done wrong? Is it possible to have the full editor on all devices/browsers?

Thanks,

Hi,

Probably done something wrong so apologies in advance ;) (I've read the whole thread, but may have missed the answer!)

Installed this so that my iPad users could see the full editor tools when using Chrome/Safari to browse the forum (my preferred method too). It added fine and I could use the full editor.

I then started getting reports that Internet Explorer users had lost the editor, and they couldn't post! It works ok on my IE10 install, and only some IE9 (and earlier) affected.

Is this something I have done wrong? Is it possible to have the full editor on all devices/browsers?

Thanks,

Get them to try turning on "Compatibility View" in IE10. Having compatibility view disabled in IE10 does this.

bug.webp

I've previously tested the modification with IETester and had no problems with it. Must be a problem with the browser cache. I've got no other explanation.
Thanks for a prompt response! At least I know it's something my end then...
Get them to try turning on "Compatibility View" in IE10. Having compatibility view disabled in IE10 does this.
Graham, do you know if this is the same for earlier versions of IE? The people who complained all seemed to be running IE9 or older. I'm sure someone mentioned that they tried compat mode, but made no difference. Looking at my browser percentages for Internet Explorer 55% are running 9, and 24% on IE8.

Top Bottom