[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
1)
when I create a Tag containing the sign "&" like for example "Procter & Gamble", then there is an issue.

I have created a Tag named "Procter & Gamble".

Then the system creates 4 different Tags and it also changes the wording of the thread-text from "Procter & Gamble" towards "Procter amp amp Gamble".
See screnshot below.
This seems to be a bug.

2)
when selecting the correct Tag "Procter & Gamble" from the dropdown, then there is the issue that the Tag does not get auto-linked in the thread-text when the option in ACP named "Auto tag the first post with thread tags only" is selected.
When you change the option in ACP towards "Auto tag all tags with limitation", then the Tag actually indeed gets auto-linked in the thread-text.
This seems to be a bug.

3)
when the thread-text contains the wording "Coca-Cola" (including the dash) and I create a Tag with the wording "Coca Cola" (without a dash), then the auto-linking does not work.
Meaning: the text "Coca-Cola" in the thread-text does not get linked.
This seems to be a bug.

procter1.webp

procter2.webp

Last edited:
Can't delete tags from admin panel. It asks to confirm delete tag, but doesn't delete anything. Anyone else having this problem?

I've imported my forum from vbulletin 3.8 inkl. the vbulletin tags to current xenforo with XenTag extension. The import worked without an error but not all tags pages work, some show "No content has been found." even if the tag has been assigned to several threads.

Example:

I have a tag named "user". In the Xenforo admin area, tag list it shows up in the tag list and has content count 18.
I then checked the database, the tag exists in the table xf_tinhte_xentag_tag. I used the tag ID to do a select in the table xf_tinhte_xentag_tagged_content and it shows 18 occurrences for this tag.
But the page /community/tags/user/ shows "No content has been found.".

The problem does not happen with all tags, maybe about 1/4 of the tags dont work.

I already rebuild tags with Tools > rebuild caches > rebuild search index and rebuild tags without success.

Any help to get this working or suggestions how I can debug this further are highly appreciated.

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I did not find. I'm just importing a vB 3.7 installation with xentag 2.1.3c. Nothing was configured before, so I did not create censored words in xenforo options. But at around 62.5 % the xentag importer stops with an error:

Tag must not contain censored texts.

It won't go further. Is there a chance to find out, why it stops? I would be willing to remove the problematic word.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I solved the problem temporarilly by uninstalling XenTag 2.1.3c and hard re-installing by overwriting with 2.1.0 again (luck to have it saved before). Afterwards I could re-enter the importing process of the xf vB3.7/3.8 core importer. The xentag import continued after the stopped 62.5 % and completed successfully with xentag 2.1.0.

So, please have a look at the word censoring check while importing, since I did not configure any censoring in xf before starting the import. Maybe some censored words were imported by the vB core importer (just checked: no, they are not imported)?
The xentag importer should mention the problematic word, so one can delete from database. Otherwise one is unable to finish importing with 2.1.3c when a conflict occurs.

Does anyone know how I can use html (or bbcode) in the tag descriptions? Currently it's rendering the code instead of the formatted text.

For example, I'd like to display this:

but am getting this:
HTML:
<a href="mylink.com">my link</a>

Hello!

Is this Add-on supported? Many peopel post many problems since v 2.1 and the Add-on coder? No answer - realy? :/ I have send a conversation to the author - and he say, he ist looking...

When I tag a post - all just fine. But when i tag a resource (RM 1..1.5, xf 1.4.3) i become a problem with the link to the resources when every body clicks on a tag, it opens this view:

tag.webp

... and as you can see - the link to the resource its wrong. And this is since after version 2.1 same with all resource links. Only the post tags work correctly.

Has any body a hint how i can fix this - thats realy bad for my site. :confused:

Edit:
Additional Informations:

The tag-cloud: http://www.zetor-forum.de/forum/tags/

tag_tinhte_02.webp

... click here on any number tag, "7745" eg (its the type number of a CZ tractor) and a new site will open:
http://www.zetor-forum.de/forum/tags/?t=7745

tag_tinhte_03.webp

... but all found tag entrys will have the same link to the resource manager root:
http://www.zetor-forum.de/forum/resources/

... here you can see for this tag listing listing above, the right resources and there real links:
http://www.zetor-forum.de/forum/literatur/categories/zetor-7711-7745-turbo.24/

I have also installed 3 Add-ons for the resource mangager 1.1.5:
- Waindigo Resource Managers
- Waindigo Alphabeticaly Sorting for Resource Manager
- Waindigo Resource Tabs
and
- ******* RM Categories Expand
- ******* Limit Resource Downloads
- ******* RM Download Tracker
- ******* Search Resources by Name

But this all in there latest versions bevor i install the latest XenTag version 2.1.3.c I upgraded from your version 2.1 and with this older version all runs like a charm.

Regards

Last edited:
How do you search tags/by tags?

Your domain.com/tags/. We have list and search box there.

Hello!

Is this Add-on supported? Many peopel post many problems since v 2.1 and the Add-on coder? No answer - realy? :/ I have send a conversation to the author - and he say, he ist looking. But also nothing... (n)

When I tag a post - all just fine. But when i tag a resource (RM 1..1.5, xf 1.4.3) i become a problem with the link to the resources when every body clicks on a tag, it opens this view:

View attachment 95056

... and as you can see - the link to the resource its wrong. And this is since after version 2.1 same with all resource links. Only the post tags work correctly.

Has any body a hint how i can fix this - thats realy bad for my site. :confused:

Regards

Could I have that url to test (you can send me via PM)?
Thank you.

Last edited:
1)
when I create a Tag containing the sign "&" like for example "Procter & Gamble", then there is an issue.

I have created a Tag named "Procter & Gamble".

Then the system creates 4 different Tags and it also changes the wording of the thread-text from "Procter & Gamble" towards "Procter amp amp Gamble".
See screnshot below.
This seems to be a bug.

2)
when selecting the correct Tag "Procter & Gamble" from the dropdown, then there is the issue that the Tag does not get auto-linked in the thread-text when the option in ACP named "Auto tag the first post with thread tags only" is selected.
When you change the option in ACP towards "Auto tag all tags with limitation", then the Tag actually indeed gets auto-linked in the thread-text.
This seems to be a bug.

3)
when the thread-text contains the wording "Coca-Cola" (including the dash) and I create a Tag with the wording "Coca Cola" (without a dash), then the auto-linking does not work.
Meaning: the text "Coca-Cola" in the thread-text does not get linked.
This seems to be a bug.

View attachment 93963

View attachment 93964

AT this time Xentag don't support & character in name. Because tag name will be used on url, it will be encode to html entities.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tinhte-xentag.32231/page-67#post-882063

I have made test with deactivated add-ons and i found the "bad combination"

The latest version from Waindigos great Resource Managers Add-on made in Jul, 2014 (1.0.9) in combination with this also great Add-on (Tinhte XenTag) in version 2.1.3 and above make the link trouble.

Waindigo Resource Managers 1.0.9 + Tinhte XenTag 2.1 = OK
Waindigo Resource Managers 1.0.9 + Tinhte XenTag 2.1.3 or 2.1.3.c = trouble with tag links to resources

So i hope now Tinhte or both coders can found a solutionn to use both Add-ons at same xenforo, at same time. ;)

Any best practices for SEO for using the tags?

Is it best to use one word tags or phrases? Is it best to allow several versions of a tag/phrase or one consistent version?

Also, how do you enable the auto-linker?

Noticed that when I require thread tags, and a member posts a thread without any tags, an error will pop up informing them, but it will still post the thread. This has led to a lot of multiple threads!

Any best practices for SEO for using the tags?

Is it best to use one word tags or phrases? Is it best to allow several versions of a tag/phrase or one consistent version?

Also, how do you enable the auto-linker?
I've found phrases to be far better than words and to have only one version of each tag rather than multiple versions when it comes to SEO. I believe that you enable the auto-linker in the options screen.

This post and the following post have a detailed argument for the importance of tagging in SEO as well as the importance of having only one version of the tag rather than multiple versions.
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-seo-tweaks.67500/#post-710064

If you want to keep the number of tags low, using phrases rather than single terms can help people fine the appropriate tag because the software will show you matching tags as you type.

Top Bottom