[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
In Tinhte_XenTag_Search_DataHandler_{Forum,Page,Resource} on line 30, the current visitor's ID is passed as the sixth argument to insertIntoIndex. This is incorrect, and results in several bugs, as pages, forums, and resources are not associated with users. For example, on users' profile pages under the Postings tab, forums will start to appear alongside threads and posts. As an administrator, if I rebuild the search index, all forums will appear under my Postings tab.

I believe the search index is currently only for content that is associated with users. You could try passing a user ID of 0 (guest) or -1, but there's no guarantee that it wouldn't break something. You may want to consider requesting that XenForo officially support indexing of content that lacks a creator.

Hi, thanks for a wonderful add-on.

I'm curious to know if there is a way to make the trending calculations occur in a time increment that is less than 1 day? The lowest value you can assign is 1 day, but my board tends to shift in the way it uses hashtags multiple times a day. So I would like it to calculate what tags are trending for every 8 hours or so. Is this possible?

We can't now, sorry.

Hello,

I would like to retrieve posts with a certain tag and use this information in another website block.

Let's say the tag is "cars", then I could retrieve data through this link:

http://mydomain.com/community/tags/cars/

The website block looks like this
  • My first text link to an xf post tagged with "cars"
  • My second text link to an xf post tagged with "cars"
  • ...My 10th text link to an xf post tagged with "Jefferey Deaver"
the linked text should be the xf post title. The question is how if I can retrieve this data from xentag (via rss for example).

Each tag have rss feed. So you can use this feed for other sites.
URL: http://mydomain.com/community/tags/cars/index.rss

Great addon! Thank you @Dinh Thanh. The unique thing IMHO missing is to divide tags into categories/groups, like prefixes. Example, if i want to have one group of tags that i want to make visible on the widget framework, currently i can't...this is the unique limitation IMHO now.

Great addon! Thank you @Dinh Thanh. The unique thing IMHO missing is to divide tags into categories/groups, like prefixes. Example, if i want to have one group of tags that i want to make visible on the widget framework, currently i can't...this is the unique limitation IMHO now.

I'm thinking how can I group my 500.000 tags into categories :)

I'm thinking how can I group my 500.000 tags into categories :)

This is great, my friend! For me, the organization of tag...it's simply a *killer* feature. Maybe a good organization can be made by groups that create tags (example, active users, staff) or by nodes where these tags are created...just 2 little ideas. Tomorrow i will think if there are a better idea and i post in this topic. Thank you again! You are my hero.

Last edited:
This is great, my friend! For me, the organization of tag...it's simply a *killer* feature. Maybe a good organization can be made by groups that create tags (example, active users, staff) or by nodes when these tags are created...just 2 little ideas. Tomorrow i will think if there are a better idea and i post in this topic. Thank you again! You are my hero.

Currently we have Staff tags. These tags could be used by only specific usergroups (like Admin, mods).

Very interesting addon that we would like to implement in our forum. One question (could not find any answer to it), using local language characters do not seems to work, for #hashtags

For instance when using the words "mjölk" "ånga" or "prisvärt" (with the Swedish characters å, ä , ö ) , tags do work correctly but #hashtags do not turn up in the widget and can not be searched (they are not highlighted as searchable) When removing the local characters #hastags works as expected

Please how do I remove tag option in the Create Thread Template? I really don't like it.
We don't have option for this one. People have right to use tag, will see this textbox when he create a thread.

Very interesting addon that we would like to implement in our forum. One question (could not find any answer to it), using local language characters do not seems to work, for #hashtags

For instance when using the words "mjölk" "ånga" or "prisvärt" (with the Swedish characters å, ä , ö ) , tags do work correctly but #hashtags do not turn up in the widget and can not be searched (they are not highlighted as searchable) When removing the local characters #hastags works as expected
We didn't test this language with hastag yet. Noted.

Is there a way to import tags without using the XenForo board importer? I'm using the big board importer to bring over the rest of my data.

For example, Xen Media Gallery actually populates the "Select System to Import From" with its own vBulletin importer so you don't have to go through the stock Xen board importer.

Any idea on whether this is possible? A way to manually run the importer, possibly?

We don't have option for this one. People have right to use tag, will see this textbox when he create a thread.
I'm not interested in tagging topics of the forum. I only want to utilize the harshtag and the trending feature. I also want to make create topic template to be as simple as possible. Tags will also make the topic look untidy.

what's the purpose of the "tags" tab in forum nodes? I was hoping it was a way to automatically tag threads under a specific forum, but i'm not seeing anything happening.

for example, i have a 'videos' forum, and i'd like each thread created there to be automatically tagged with the tag 'video'.

also, is there a way to see more than one tag using a url? like, mysite.com/tags/videos and mysite.com/tags/cycling, but in one url? (i.e. mysite.com/tags/cycling&videos)

thanks!

Last edited:
hello? echo... echo... echo...

what's the purpose of the "tags" tab in forum nodes?

so i guess the tags for the forum nodes is just so they come up in the tag lists when one clicks on a url. but is there a way to automatically add a tag to a thread like the example i gave above?

Sorry if this has been resolved, I couldn't find an answer in my search.

I am getting a stack of these errors since I upgraded last week...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded - library/Tinhte/XenTag/Helper.php:43
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:09 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(101) "http://www.mywebsite.com/forum/threads/thread-name.48085/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I'm hoping that I'm just confused/don't understand how this is supposed to work,
but it seems like tagging threads (tags seperated by commas) does nothing by itself.

IE: I create three new threads, each tagged in the 'Tags' field with "groups", "clans", "guilds".
When I navigate to /tags/, no tags exist.
When I click on the tag at the bottom of the thread, it says no content with those tags exist.

Only when I use the format (within the thread itself) to include the #groups or #clans tag somewhere in the body of the text, does it show up as tagged content.

Am I missing something? or does tagging the thread itself, (with the tags, seperated by commas) do nothing?

I'll include an example (screenshot) so it isn't unclear what I'm referring to:
ss1.webp
These tags are on a thread. That thread has been submitted.
I scroll down to the bottom and click on the 'groups' tag at the bottom of that thread.
Nothing:
ss2.webp

In Tinhte_XenTag_Search_DataHandler_{Forum,Page,Resource} on line 30, the current visitor's ID is passed as the sixth argument to insertIntoIndex. This is incorrect, and results in several bugs, as pages, forums, and resources are not associated with users. For example, on users' profile pages under the Postings tab, forums will start to appear alongside threads and posts. As an administrator, if I rebuild the search index, all forums will appear under my Postings tab.

I believe the search index is currently only for content that is associated with users. You could try passing a user ID of 0 (guest) or -1, but there's no guarantee that it wouldn't break something. You may want to consider requesting that XenForo officially support indexing of content that lacks a creator.

you can fix this by removing these lines

Code:
$db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type (content_type, addon_id) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_forum\', \'Tinhte_XenTag\')');
        $db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type_field (content_type, field_name, field_value) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_forum\', \'search_handler_class\', \'Tinhte_XenTag_Search_DataHandler_Forum\')');

in library/tinthe/XenTag/installer.php

Code:
/* End auto-generated lines of code. Feel free to make changes below */

private static function installCustomized($existingAddOn, $addOnData)
    {
        $db = XenForo_Application::get('db');

$db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type (content_type, addon_id) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_page\', \'Tinhte_XenTag\')');
        $db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type_field (content_type, field_name, field_value) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_page\', \'search_handler_class\', \'Tinhte_XenTag_Search_DataHandler_Page\')');
        delete this $db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type (content_type, addon_id) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_forum\', \'Tinhte_XenTag\')');
        delete this $db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type_field (content_type, field_name, field_value) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_forum\', \'search_handler_class\', delete this \'Tinhte_XenTag_Search_DataHandler_Forum\')');
        $db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type (content_type, addon_id) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_resource\', \'Tinhte_XenTag\')');
        $db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type_field (content_type, field_name, field_value) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_resource\', \'search_handler_class\', \'Tinhte_XenTag_Search_DataHandler_Resource\')');
        $db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type (content_type, addon_id) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_tag\', \'Tinhte_XenTag\')');
        $db->query('INSERT IGNORE INTO xf_content_type_field (content_type, field_name, field_value) VALUES (\'tinhte_xentag_tag\', \'report_handler_class\', \'Tinhte_XenTag_ReportHandler_Tag\')');
        XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_ContentType')->rebuildContentTypeCache();

you need to reinstall or upgrade though And I won't recommend it by doing on a live site cause i'm not sure if this breaks something.

Top Bottom