[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
I get this error when trying to delete a tag in the ACP.

View attachment 72831
Let's me check.

I have hashtagging disabled but I still use the thread tagging feature which is great inside an educational resources area. However, there are occasions when I would like to link to tag pages within posts. Is it possible, that whilst hashtagging is disabled I can still link to tag page with the [hashtag] bbcode? If the bbcode was allowed then it would be easy for me - since hashtagging is disabled, the bbcode would just make a link... it obviously wouldnt tag the current post / thread.
Not sure, but I will check this with xfrock.

I need the ability to block certain forums from tagging. I suggest on the tags tab (on the forum options page) there is an option to disable tagging.

Every site has its general areas full of noise and lots of activity that is usually off the usual topic of the forum.... tags that are set on threads in these areas do not really contribute in my opinion and it would be nice to disable tagging on certain forums.

Pages, Resources and Forum were supported, other 3rd party content types could be developed.
It would be nice to see tabs on the tag page, so that asides from showing one big tags stream, users can also browse a specific content type tagged with the tag. For example: if images are tagged then this will cause a lot of non-forum entries. This may be interesting for specific users and uninteresting for others. Its also less interesting to browse images in normal thread listing display, because it doesn't show the images and making images show up disrupts normal browsing of threads. This can be solved by adding tabs on the tag page, so that there can be a tab for tagged images, blogs, reviews, etc.

I would class this as a bug :)

Tags containing the symbol & are not handled properly. I want to use a tag such as q&a. Once added, this tag appears on the site as q&a
If the post is edited, then the tag turns into q&a - more edits just add to this problem. I imagine other symbols are similarly affected but I have not tested this.

I need the ability to block certain forums from tagging. I suggest on the tags tab (on the forum options page) there is an option to disable tagging.

Every site has its general areas full of noise and lots of activity that is usually off the usual topic of the forum.... tags that are set on threads in these areas do not really contribute in my opinion and it would be nice to disable tagging on certain forums.
You can edit forum permission for certain user groups and set maximum tags/hashtags to 0. Edit for all user groups to completely disable it for the forum.

Reactions: Rob
I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there an option where I can bring a Tags link in main navigation or am I missing sth?
2. How much would branding removal cost?

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked before - I don't see it. Maybe my idea of auto-tagging is wrong!

What I'd like is to be able to define some tags, and then have it go through the database search for those tags, and format them as hashtags in all the old posts.

Is this possible, please? :)

Thanks for your time.

i dont like the new tag cloud with the bagrounds, i prefer the other style where more used tags had bigger font. what the css to achieve how tag cloud was before upgrading

i dont like the new tag cloud with the bagrounds, i prefer the other style where more used tags had bigger font. what the css to achieve how tag cloud was before upgrading

The old one don't have css. New one have.
You can adjust them if you want (color, backgroud,...). There are only 3 css for 3 levels of tag cloud:

.Tinhte_XenTag_TagCloud .Tinhte_XenTag_TagCloud_Level1
.Tinhte_XenTag_TagCloud .Tinhte_XenTag_TagCloud_Level2
.Tinhte_XenTag_TagCloud .Tinhte_XenTag_TagCloud_Level3

Apologies if this has been asked before - I don't see it. Maybe my idea of auto-tagging is wrong!

What I'd like is to be able to define some tags, and then have it go through the database search for those tags, and format them as hashtags in all the old posts.

Is this possible, please? :)

Thanks for your time.

It's better a small addon for Xentag.

I switched over to xF a couple of months ago...now I am installing this add-on. When I go to import my old tags from vB...that step is not available until I import everything else again. I just want to import the old tags...is this possible?

If I import everything again...won't I overwrite things that have changed?

If you didn't delete the import data, you can continue with only the tags. However, it looks like you deleted the data...

I need help with this too.
I did full vB 3.8 import and saved data to 'archived_import_log.'
Installed this mod.
Can you please explain how to load import data and skip to the step to import tags?

Can someone please explain what a hashtag is and what it does exactly?

I installed this and enabled hashtags and added a few in posts, but when I click on one of them I expected there to be a list of all of them, but ther was only one.

So I wondered what exactly is supposed to happen?

Thanks

Can addon search by more than one tag ?
Ex:
Thread 1 with tags : news, ios, iphone
Thread 2
with tags: news, ios, ipad
Thread 3
with tags: news, ipadmini
When I search by tags : news, ios return results: Thread 1, Thread 2
Sorry for my bad English.

Top Bottom