[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download

agison

Dinh Thanh submitted a new resource:

[Tinhte] XenTag (version 1.0) - Thread tags, Tag Cloud, Search Tag, Auto Linker with tags

After a long time testing on large forum. Now I release this Add-on to the public for free. This add-on allow you add tags to forum threads with many more features. It's very helpful for forum members & SEO.

MAIN FEATURES
  • Add tags to a thread
  • Manage tags in a thread
  • Tag Cloud Page (/tags/)
  • Tag Pages (/tags/tag_name/)
  • Tag Cloud Block (support XF Sidebar & Widget Framework)
  • Search by Tag (add a field Advanced search), support both XF Built-in Search & Elastic...

Read more about this resource...

Does this also support other content types from add-ons (e.g. gallery images, blogs, etc..) or only threads?

Hopefully next version will support XF pages and Xencarta.
Thanks Tinhte.vn for releasing this. I've been waiting for this ;)

Xfrocks addons mean enterprise-grade, high quality and usually pre-paid addons so it's great to get it for free here.

Long live xfrocks and tinhte.vn ;)

I understand the last tags add-on was adding an extra database query per tag. I assume with this being from some reputable developers this is not an issue?

I understand the last tags add-on was adding an extra database query per tag. I assume with this being from some reputable developers this is not an issue?

One query per one tag? It's not so good.
Check this addon & see :)

Brilliant Add-On... I am not going to use it right now but I will have a need for this in the future. Many Many thanks Dinh Thanh, XF community is a great place for people like you who release such valuable stuff for free! (y)

When add widget Framework i received this error
Invalid widget renderer 'Tinhte_XenTag_WidgetRenderer_RelatedThreads' specified

Are we able to post a thread without having to add tags? I remember uploading another tag mod and it would not let us post a thread without adding tags.

Also, are we able to remove tags from threads?

Please consider making a xenPorta block for this as well.

Are we able to post a thread without having to add tags? I remember uploading another tag mod and it would not let us post a thread without adding tags.

Also, are we able to remove tags from threads?

Tested, yes to both. If you use the Widget Framework you can add a widget to the left sidebar of xenporta by using this widget position: EWRporta_Portal

A few kinks with the addon: I couldn't add tags using the quick thread edit function. Also the tag text is not visible:

caps_19.webp

Tested, yes to both. If you use the Widget Framework you can add a widget to the left sidebar of xenporta by using this widget position: EWRporta_Portal

A few kinks with the addon: I couldn't add tags using the quick thread edit function. Also the tag text is not visible:

View attachment 30137
Same here. When I edit a tag in both the quick thread edit function.

I also noticed that when I edit the tag at the bottom of the thread it does not show up in the tag cloud.

I thought you tested this thing man! @Dinh Thanh.

Please give us instructions on how to delete tags. I now have tags that are not associated to a thread after I deleted them, yet they are still showing up in the tag cloud.

Disabling this modification for now.

One suggestion: Auto create tags based on keywords in the thread title. My members are too lazy to create tags for each thread they post, but auto-creating tags in vB worked out very well for us.
I believe the idea of this addon is to only allow selective usergroups (mod, admin) to use the tag feature. This allows the site to control the quality and relevance of your tags.
If anyone can use it or auto tag, it will become useless soon. If people click on a tag and it shows many threads with little relevance, nobody will use it.

I believe the idea of this addon is to only allow selective usergroups (mod, admin) to use the tag feature. This allows the site to control the quality and relevance of your tags.
If anyone can use it or auto tag, it will become useless soon. If people click on a tag and it shows many threads with little relevance, nobody will use it.
I actually disagree. If only mods and admins can add tags, then what use is this mod on a large board? I'm not going to put my moderators to work basically creating content (doing double the work since it could be done on thread creation).

No user really ever used the tag feature on my vB site, but Google ate it up and it was great for SEO.

Strangly, upon thread creation tags aren't added. They appear only if I edit the thread tags and add there...

I actually disagree. If only mods and admins can add tags, then what use is this mod on a large board? I'm not going to put my moderators to work basically creating content (doing double the work since it could be done on thread creation).
Tinhte.vn is a 15M board and is a top 5 site in VN. That's what they do and they rank extremely high because their tag pages are really managed well.
You are free to use however you like it on your site. I just want to share the idea behind this addon as I have been talking to the owner for a while.

Go to http://www.google.com.vn and enter the keyword: new ipad
See how well the tag page of tinhte.vn ranks. It shows as #4 for me. And they have just used it for few months.
No user really ever used the tag feature on my vB site, but Google ate it up and it was great for SEO.
Coming from VB 3.8, I know this issue really well but the idea is to make it useful for your users. SEO benefits are just added benefit. I'm sure you have read that Google will penalize sites that are over-SEO so the lesson is to help your users find relevant contents, the rest will take care of themselves.

Top Bottom