[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
Some of our members love it, but others really dislike the tags. Would it be possible to have a user group permission added allowing users to turn off having tags displayed in their options/preferences?

They dislike seeing tags or dislike filling out the tags ?
Why would someone dislike looking at tags ?

They dislike seeing them. It distracts them from the actual content. We had them mandatory for new posts, but got rid of that already. We also gave them special formatting, to ensure they stood out from regular links.

I might end up just turning off the add-on altogether, otherwise :( This whole forum-admin stuff would be fun if it wasn't for the users :-p

Where have you located the tags? I've put them at the bottom of the thread, and our members really like them. I end up adding most of them anyway as I go through and read the threads.

Hope to see XenTag 1.6 for Xenforo 1.2 soon :)
IDEA: using similarly tagged posts as Similar threads.
also-tagged-with-3wood-driver-jpg.38584

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-similar-threads.3135/page-2#post-459463

I found an issue with this, in that it doesn't respect the default Xenforo filtered words. Maybe this needs to check filtered words, thus outputting the filtered text instead of ignoring it.

I'm currently going through a cleanup of the tags. It would really help is there was an easier way for mass-cleaning. Currently I need to navigate to a page of tags, click delete, wait for the deletion confirmation, and then I'm back at the first page with only a single tag removed.

Where have you located the tags? I've put them at the bottom of the thread, and our members really like them. I end up adding most of them anyway as I go through and read the threads.

Ours are highlighted in the posts as well, which I guess is what the users hate so much. I might remove the formatting and just have it appear as plain text, which kind of defeats the idea if you ask me.

Good idea.
Ours are highlighted in the posts as well, which I guess is what the users hate so much. I might remove the formatting and just have it appear as plain text, which kind of defeats the idea if you ask me.
Don't like the sound of that.

Highlighted might not be the right word. We styled them. Default, they just show as normal links, which confused the users, so we changed the CSS for the tags.

I disabled that option as soon as I installed the tags on my dev site. I really didn't like it also adding the tags into the thread post.

We already had this with a Widget for widget framework. It's Related thread by tag. Built-in in xenTag
If XenTag has a similar / related threads option .. can you put a bit of information about it in the description of XenTag ?
No one knows that XenTag has a Similar Tags option.

If XenTag has a similar / related threads option .. can you put a bit of information about it in the description of XenTag ?
No one knows that XenTag has a Similar Tags option.

It's similar threads by same tags. I call it is [XenTag] Related Thread widget.
Add it from widget list.

Top Bottom