[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
I'm able to reproduce a bug with bbcode that people reported a few pages back. That was due to ParseHTML addon but I don't use it.
Here is what I have.
Latest Xentag and [bd]Tag Me
Create a thread and tag @John Smith who is a member. Add a tag "John Smith" to the thread.
Then in the thread content, @John Smith will become [TAG=YWFyb24gYnJvd24=]John Smith[/TAG]

You have "user" bbocode for John Smith so XenTag conflit with it.

I love this add-on! Lack of a tagging feature was the single biggest omission for me in XF. So far I've installed it on 3 forums and will be adding it to at least two more.

A couple issues ...

1. Observed with version 1.2.10, auto-tagging is applied to existing links, causing at least part of the link to take the reader someplace other than intended. For example, the following is at the top of a couple threads:

Berks County, Pennsylvania, educators with issues:​

Each of the two links is a thread title and is intended to be kept as an intact link. However, some portions of them -- Laureldale, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania -- are also tags. If you look at the actual threads, you will see that the links as originally intended have been chopped up by thread tags.

2. I prefer to put the tags just below the first post, but there is no separation from the post itself. The display for putting tags at the bottom of the thread is much cleaner.

In forums where members can edit tags, I always put it below the thread for that reason, not that I really want it there. Most tagging info comes from the first post, so it can take a lot more scrolling to work with it at the bottom.

In the above example (issue #1) I'm the only one who can edit tags, so whenever there are tags in a thread I end up double-spacing and adding "Tags:" at the end of the first post.

One solution might be to move it below the line with the MemberName/Date/Edit/Delete/IP/Report/.../Post#/Reply, with at least a blank line in-between. It would look a lot cleaner with some separation to distinguish the tags from the first post itself.

3. Incorrect English grammar (at least w/ version 1.2.6) when you click on a tag no longer used by any threads. This link will take you to an example (assuming I don't re-enter the bad tag :D):

http://www.travelunderground.org/index.php?tags/guillermo+arevalo+pedroza/

The feedback is "No contents has been found." Correct English would be "No content has been found." Personally, I would say something like "The requested tag was not found." or "The requested tag is not in use."

What I noticed was - if I tag a word 'android', only the threads that have been tagged show up in the results. Is there a way to automatically tag all the threads and fetch all of them when the tags are searched?

What I noticed was - if I tag a word 'android', only the threads that have been tagged show up in the results. Is there a way to automatically tag all the threads and fetch all of them when the tags are searched?

No, we must tag them manually.

I love this add-on! Lack of a tagging feature was the single biggest omission for me in XF. So far I've installed it on 3 forums and will be adding it to at least two more.

A couple issues ...

1. Observed with version 1.2.10, auto-tagging is applied to existing links, causing at least part of the link to take the reader someplace other than intended. For example, the following is at the top of a couple threads:

Berks County, Pennsylvania, educators with issues:​

Each of the two links is a thread title and is intended to be kept as an intact link. However, some portions of them -- Laureldale, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania -- are also tags. If you look at the actual threads, you will see that the links as originally intended have been chopped up by thread tags.

2. I prefer to put the tags just below the first post, but there is no separation from the post itself. The display for putting tags at the bottom of the thread is much cleaner.

In forums where members can edit tags, I always put it below the thread for that reason, not that I really want it there. Most tagging info comes from the first post, so it can take a lot more scrolling to work with it at the bottom.

In the above example (issue #1) I'm the only one who can edit tags, so whenever there are tags in a thread I end up double-spacing and adding "Tags:" at the end of the first post.

One solution might be to move it below the line with the MemberName/Date/Edit/Delete/IP/Report/.../Post#/Reply, with at least a blank line in-between. It would look a lot cleaner with some separation to distinguish the tags from the first post itself.

3. Incorrect English grammar (at least w/ version 1.2.6) when you click on a tag no longer used by any threads. This link will take you to an example (assuming I don't re-enter the bad tag :D):

http://www.travelunderground.org/index.php?tags/guillermo arevalo pedroza/

The feedback is "No contents has been found." Correct English would be "No content has been found." Personally, I would say something like "The requested tag was not found." or "The requested tag is not in use."

Your URL bug was fixed in "the next version".

Agree. If we mass tag, it dilutes the values of the tags since I don't want 1000 threads to have that tag. I only want the most relevant threads to show up to guests and Google.

Yeah, I also don't want to spam tag and make tag pages messy with too many threads.
This is a bad way to use tag.

Is it possible with this addon to have users suggest tags, but a moderator needs to approve them before they get attached to a thread? (or other node type where tags are used)

One of our threads is getting this error: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/user/public_html/library/Tinhte/XenTag/Helper.php on line 32

Can I see which post?

I resolved it by temporarily stopping auto tagging and then removing the tags alltogether from the thread. It's a very long thread with the same words that are being tagged inside it. Thanks xfrocks though.

I resolved it by temporarily stopping auto tagging and then removing the tags alltogether from the thread. It's a very long thread with the same words that are being tagged inside it. Thanks xfrocks though.
You may want to enable tag once option if your forum usually has long posts like that ;)

Top Bottom