Tickets

Tickets [Paid] 1.6.10

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Just to expand on the 'booking time' thing. My forums are tech support, for my own software. For the last decade (we migrated from vB to XF) we've done this on a monthly subscription basis, but that model just isn't working any more. So we're moving to doing it as straight up billable work. Instead of two forums - "Community" and "Subscribers", we'll just have "Support", where everyone can post, the community can provide self-help, and staff can help in the case of egregious bugs. But for any other work, users will need to open a ticket, we log the time, and bill it. The billing will be handled outside of XF, I just need a table I can derive the date, user ID and billable time from.

I suspect I'm not the only person who needs to be able to log staff time in a ticketing system, so if this add-on doesn't already provide it, it might be a useful addition.

-- hugh

Sorry for the slight delay in getting round to this, we've had a bereavement in the family so I've been tied up with that and not had much internet time.
If it's not too much trouble. As an indie developer myself, I know that time is money, and setting up a test site for one potential sale is a tough call.
It's cool, I don't mind. I'll try and get round to it when I'm home later on today. Thanks for your patience.
One of the things I need is time management, so staff can 'book' time to a ticket. If this isn't in the add-on, would you be open to accepting a code contribution from me, to add it as an option? I'm not a super experienced XF dev, but have done some work (built a single sign-on plugin for my own site, to work with Joomla), but could probably add a feature to existing code without the code being too horrible.
Just to expand on the 'booking time' thing. My forums are tech support, for my own software. For the last decade (we migrated from vB to XF) we've done this on a monthly subscription basis, but that model just isn't working any more. So we're moving to doing it as straight up billable work. Instead of two forums - "Community" and "Subscribers", we'll just have "Support", where everyone can post, the community can provide self-help, and staff can help in the case of egregious bugs. But for any other work, users will need to open a ticket, we log the time, and bill it. The billing will be handled outside of XF, I just need a table I can derive the date, user ID and billable time from.
This is quite a good idea but it isn't currently a feature of the add-on per-se. I suppose you could potentially use a custom field for this (which the add-on does indeed support) and then put a query together to fetch that data or even view it within a ticket. Anything more advanced would require custom code but yes, I am happy to receive, review and apply code contributions to the core add-on if custom fields aren't sufficient for your needs.
BTW, is the annual renewal $60?
No, the annual renewal is $30.

Sorry for the slight delay in getting round to this, we've had a bereavement in the family so I've been tied up with that and not had much internet time.

Absolutely not a problem. My condolences.

It's cool, I don't mind. I'll try and get round to it when I'm home later on today. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks. I'm about 98.76% sure I'll be buying this, but it would be nice to have a play.

This is quite a good idea but it isn't currently a feature of the add-on per-se. I suppose you could potentially use a custom field for this (which the add-on does indeed support) and then put a query together to fetch that data or even view it within a ticket. Anything more advanced would require custom code but yes, I am happy to receive, review and apply code contributions to the core add-on if custom fields aren't sufficient for your needs.

Yup, custom fields was one of the features I wanted to have a quick play with, to see if it would meet my 'billable time' requirement.

No, the annual renewal is $30.

Cool, tx.

-- hugh

Hello, is it possible creating tickets between 2 users, to start a 3-way communication this 2 users as a admin/moderator?

Thanks

NixFifty updated Tickets with a new update entry:

Version 1.6.8

• Email addresses can now be set on a per-category basis to receive email notifications when new tickets are created
  • Allow profile posts to be converted to tickets. There is a new moderator permission for this that'll need to be granted
  • Add the ability to change the owner of a ticket
  • Staff with permission can now change a ticket's associated email for a user
  • Responses can now be used when creating tickets
  • Opt not to show the responses dropdown when there aren't any...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom