Tickets

Tickets [Paid] 1.6.10

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Right i have added every single tickets template to the conditional yet still getting this issue.

seems to work BUT only on first reply once that reply loads the ad after thread shows and subsequent replys have the error, if you refresh the page the ad goes away and you can make one more reply before the ad causes issues again hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Can guests use this support system yet? Most of my questions are from people who aren't registered having trouble registering .

Can guests use this support system yet? Most of my questions are from people who aren't registered having trouble registering .
Not yet. I understand this is scheduled for the next feature release. We also need it. Without it tickets is not very useful to us.
But it seems that the current release has a lot of bugs that need to be resolved first.

I hear ya bro. Same situation here.

I might just use a forum if I can find out how to program so only the guest thread writer and mods see the post.

I'm sure you can set it to let guests post tickets. The problem is that:
  1. all guests post on the same account and have access to the same details.
  2. So you cant give out any password or exchange sensitive data.
  3. If the user would post an email address would for example then this would be picked up by spam bots.
  4. you cant alert the user about a new reply to their ticket, because there are no contact details for the user.
  5. guests cannot post attachments/screenshots in XF
These problems are the same for forum or tickets.

See:
https://pixelexit.com/threads/guest-tickets-registration.3896/
https://pixelexit.com/threads/guest-attachments.3187/
https://pixelexit.com/threads/contact-without-registration.2839/

The ID requested must be treated as distinct, otherwise , why does the forum software ask for an ID and spam answer?

@NixFifty when can we expect a bug fix release? There are too many open bug reports to upgrade my site to the latest release.
Also: Tickets was released in 2015. Currently Tickets is still missing several essential functions that many sites cant do without. 2017 is around the corner. Your Tickets addon has great promise, but is not usable for us yet. At best we would need to run it alongside another helpdesk solution.

@NixFifty when can we expect a bug fix release? There are too many open bug reports to upgrade my site to the latest release.
Also: Tickets was released in 2015. Currently Tickets is still missing several essential functions that many sites cant do without. 2017 is around the corner. Your Tickets addon has great promise, but is not usable for us yet. At best we would need to run it alongside another helpdesk solution.
The next version is in testing and includes bug fixes and guest support.

I'm sure you can set it to let guests post tickets. The problem is that:
  1. all guests post on the same account and have access to the same details.
  2. So you cant give out any password or exchange sensitive data.
  3. If the user would post an email address would for example then this would be picked up by spam bots.
  4. you cant alert the user about a new reply to their ticket, because there are no contact details for the user.
  5. guests cannot post attachments/screenshots in XF
These problems are the same for forum or tickets.

See:
https://pixelexit.com/threads/guest-tickets-registration.3896/
https://pixelexit.com/threads/guest-attachments.3187/
https://pixelexit.com/threads/contact-without-registration.2839/

We need solid guest support as well.
This has been implemented in 1.4.4 and now along with support for guest attachments. There's a slightly more detailed write up here if you're interested. :)

There is a lot of difference between a staff member, a normal user and a guest.
A staff member should see open tickets in their departments.

A normal user should see:
  1. The users open tickets
  2. The users closed tickets
  3. Most popular help topics. (AMS/VW/XF help)
A guest should see:
  1. Register
  2. Open Ticket
  3. Most popular Help topics. (AMS/VW/XF help)

Found a problem with this...

If you have a category, and click on it to show all tickets in that category, you get /tickets/category/general.1/ for example as the url, but when you click on additional pages, the URL causes an error page as it attempts to use /tickets/category?page=2 instead of the correct URL being: /tickets/category/general.1/?page=2 hence, is an error not using the category name. Basically, can't see beyond the first page of tickets when viewing per category.

I have bought several licenses in 2015 and now in 2017 its still not usable.

We have waited with our migration while holding on to an outdated helpdesk, because in June 2016 you advised me not to renew our software license for our current helpdesk. You said the basic functions needed were coming in the near future. Now 8 months later it seems still much up in the air. You were intending to build an importer for me as a private project. Promises are made time and time again, but no working product that covers all the basics. After you departed PixelExit, you stated that this would boost your productivity. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Many admins have just given up on Tickets. Some have not even been able to get it working bug free once.

I find this all very disappointing and am just going to renew my $1000 helpdesk licence and not look back at this addon.
Its a shame because this addon really had a lot of promise and you have put in a lot of work already. Your support is kind and helpful, so no complaints there. But IMHO you cant leave people hanging like this.

I have bought several licenses in 2015 and now in 2017 its still not usable.

We have waited with our migration while holding on to an outdated helpdesk, because in June 2016 you advised me not to renew our software license for our current helpdesk. You said the basic functions needed were coming in the near future. Now 8 months later it seems still much up in the air. You were intending to build an importer for me as a private project. Promises are made time and time again, but no working product that covers all the basics. After you departed PixelExit, you stated that this would boost your productivity. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Many admins have just given up on Tickets. Some have not even been able to get it working bug free once.

I find this all very disappointing and am just going to renew my $1000 helpdesk licence and not look back at this addon.
Its a shame because this addon really had a lot of promise and you have put in a lot of work already. Your support is kind and helpful, so no complaints there. But IMHO you cant leave people hanging like this.
100% of the words that I wanted to share as my feeling these days.

Having it since 2015 and with busy social network, but no ticket yet as its not as usable as it must. Lots of features, but... lambo is useless without wheels ;)

Top Bottom