1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumbs up to the Xenforo smiley creator.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AdamD, Jun 27, 2011.

1. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

I must admit, having been used to the miniscule, dull and hard to see smilies of VB4, the smilies here are awesome, they're just the right size, bold, very detailed, but also easily recognisable.

OooOOOoooo colours!
  2. Nick Paolini

Nick Paolini Member

I'd have to agree with you there, these are some of the nicest default smiley's I have seen to date :)
    Luke B and Steve F like this.
  3. iXanon

iXanon Active Member

They're very nice and I'd love to use them, but I need a few more added to them to replace my current set.. :(
  4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

These were designed by Shelley, who is no longer releasing smilies here - for the time being.
    Dark Matter likes this.
  5. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I love those smilies as well. They are all the same size as letters so they fit into threads.

The other smilies look nice, but they are too large so it can look a bit awkward since they cause extra line space to be added.
  6. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Why not? Did I miss something? :-(
  7. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

all thanx goes to Shelley
  8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Nope. I think she's just taking some personal time away.
    Shelley likes this.
  9. Luke B

Luke B Active Member

Just another reason to love xenForo and all you fine folks :) :cool: :p
  10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

You would really need to specify the other smiley types it would take for you to replace your other set. If and when I get around to designing forum imagery again I'll have something to work off of. There are other creations I have done (not released) but they are limited and some of which are not suited for most boards (they would suit forums like wtf.com) but general community orientated forums, they wouldn't suit.
    Dean, Brandon Sheley, aculate and 3 others like this.
  11. iXanon

iXanon Active Member

Requested smilies;
    Angelic (Halo/Innocent), Checkin' You Out, Crying, Dollar Eyes, Drooling, Feeling Hot, Flippin' The Bird, Not Interested (Meh), Ranting, Yummy

Thanks for considering..
  12. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Andy, is that you?! Long time no see! :eek:
  13. Shelley

1 of those in your list is already available, a couple on the list were designed months ago (phase 2 for my xenforo smiley design for more quantity). Since work as ceased with these I can't say for sure when the next batch will be done but here's a small preview of some of the new ones. There along side the existing set.

Hoffi, Markos, Saeed and 4 others like this.
  14. iXanon

iXanon Active Member

So there is.! For some reason, I thought your set had two barefoot smilies, cold and warm. :eek:

Love the additions, perhaps with the exception of the last one which is wider than the rest.. I really hope you do decide to "revive" the set and expand it a bit more. They're a work of art!
  15. iXanon

iXanon Active Member

Hi Kevin, yes it's me.. :)
  16. Shelley

Now there's an idea right there. (y)

Edit: There's now 2 barefoot smilies one cold though the other isn't necessarily hot but in a normal state. That said, there could be a third burning feet (on fire) so we have cold and hot :)
    Brandon Sheley and Saeed like this.
  17. iXanon

iXanon Active Member

Ha, glad I inspired you to do some work.. ;) - Burning feet sound good too!
    Saeed likes this.
  18. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

Seriously.... I didn't really appreciate all the whining that was going on about another product and how the smileys were terrible. I rarely use graphics so I don't see them. But I will say that the system here makes it so much more fun to use. They are really well done.
    SchmitzIT likes this.
  19. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I will have to reverse my earlier opinion that the smileys are "too girly". After many months of xenforo usage, I must say I feel the smileys are lovely and just about perfect.
  20. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Active Member

Smiley's are OK, but the size of the pack does let it down greatly. Most forum owners generally like to stick with the same style of smilies used throughout and want 60-100 of them available at least for using covering lots of different emotions.