Thumbs up to the Xenforo smiley creator.

I am dark matter, no idea who you speak off? :confused:

How can you say animated smilies are 1999, is that your excuse then? Static smilies are OK, no problem with them. But you do need some animated ones thrown in, they can express so much more than static ones. Such as "rolling over laughing", how do you do that with a static one?

agree-o.gif

agreed.

agreed.gif

Double agree.

You don't.

As far as I can tell (From what Shelley has said) she doesn't really like animated smilies, and is unlikely to release any. Animated smilies would have to be found on the internet, custom made by yourself, or requested from a designer.
That's news to me. I have never seen Shelley say that she doesn't like animated smilies. She's made hundreds (or more) of them for mood mods, etc.

That's news to me. I have never seen Shelley say that she doesn't like animated smilies. She's made hundreds (or more) of them for mood mods, etc.
Wouldn't the smiley your talking about be somewhat "smug" rather than super duper sarcastic? Surely, you have envisioned something that conveys a no questions sarcastic smiley any suggestions what's rolling around in your head? I remember seeing an animated sarcastic smiley which conveyed nicely across but I think we will both agree that animation and it having to be .gif format is out of the question. I think this could be a shrug moment. *shrugs* (y)

It does imply she doesn't like them/will make them, but we won't know until an official message from Shelley herself.

The fact of the matter mrgtb felt like trolling (aka Dark Matter) and now everyone has got their knickers in a twist. I've created more animated smilies than static smilies (as peggy stated) look at the mood icon pack 1 and other older smiley packs. It's not that I don't like animated smilies, I don't feel they will suit this pack and keeping everything in the same format without matting problems which could occur is something I'm not willing to support. Infact, support is something I have neither the time or will to offer so it's a matter of design and forget.

The only reason I extended this pack was because some people expressed interest in having more smilies as they wanted to replace their alternative pack. Will I be offering a service to do custom animated smilies? no. Will I be supporting the pack? no. Will mrgtb stop trolling? probably not. Are we all in the middle of a format war and want to return to the dark ages? Apparently so. In short I have no problem with animations, they will not exist within this pack no matter how much screaming or shouting is done. (y)

I love Shelley's smilies, she has serious talent with all graphics but the emoticons particularily..... and I love a good animated smilie, personally I don't think the two are mutally exclusive at all! but perhaps for this Xenforo pack not so relevant.

You would really need to specify the other smiley types it would take for you to replace your other set...
If you are taking requests.. I would really like to use the xf smilies you have done, they are quite superb. (y)

These things would be awesome to have, they do not need to be animated :

a 'good talking with you' smilie, currently we use this
cheers.gif

something that expresses extreme happiness for what others have done (like your outstanding smilies), currently we use these
banana.gif
applause.gif

something to express 'watching and waiting', such as when some exiting things are being talked about, currently we use this
popcorn.gif

something to express extreme frustration, but not directed at anyone or anything in particular, such as a computer that would not cooperate, currently we use this
banghead.gif

something to express 'I made a dumb mistake', currently we use this
doh.gif

something to express 'I am thinking about that, or might be a good idea', currently we use this
thinking.gif

And probably the lowest priority, something to express extreme age, currently we use this
oldman.gif

Thank you very much for taking your time to read this post Shelly. (y)

Am in the midst of setting up a new XF site and the latest set of XF smilies look great! :cool:

... but am I the only one who did not realize that even though the smilies are included in the download zip file that they are not added by default to a fresh install? :confused: Threw me a minute or two as to whether there was another download I missed.

No custom smilie work even for $$$? :)

Correct, not for this pack. The smilies are property of xenforo therefor they're for customers and for me to charge for custom variants of this pack wouldn't sit right with me and it would be a slap in the face to customers if I did that, factor in I wouldn't provide a custom service associated with this pack anyway. The extended smilies will be designed as time permits and handed over when I'm happy that they are a completed (extended) set.

Am in the midst of setting up a new XF site and the latest set of XF smilies look great! :cool:

... but am I the only one who did not realize that even though the smilies are included in the download zip file that they are not added by default to a fresh install? :confused: Threw me a minute or two as to whether there was another download I missed.

I'm sure only the default smilies that replaced Kier's default pack was only included because the other smilies in the pack were bonus smilies so to speak and customers had that choice to add the others rather than remove smilies they didn't want. :)

Correct, not for this pack. The smilies are property of xenforo therefor they're for customers and for me to charge for custom variants of this pack wouldn't sit right with me and it would be a slap in the face to customers if I did that, factor in I wouldn't provide a custom service associated with this pack anyway. The extended smilies will be designed as time permits and handed over when I'm happy that they are a completed (extended) set.

I was more talking about "sports" smilies specific to the teams that I run forums for. Wouldn't want to slap other customers in the face. ;) If that is not something you do, then no worries.

Top Bottom