Thumbnails vs full photos in post

TheLaw

I'm curious to know how everyone has fared and opinions on having thumbnails in posts versus full images in posts. While it can take longer to download some pages when there are multiple images, it seems many prefer the images to the thumbnails. I need to choose so I'm curious as to your opinions about experiences, pros and cons and how Xenforo now handles them in 1.3 given it's cool new features.

I think people generally prefer thumbnails because they are smaller and don't take up as much room on messages.

What about on sites where people like to share images, such as car modification sites or dog sites? How about issues of forum management? Are there concerns, complaints with one type of handling versus the other?

What about on sites where people like to share images, such as car modification sites or dog sites?
Last time I checked, you can click on the thumbnail and get the large version of the image in a lightbox. :D

Insert it as a thumbnail and if someone wants to see the full version simply click on the thumbnail.

If there is that much interest in sharing photos - then something like ShowCase by @Bob B or the media gallery by @Chris D would probably work better.

Thanks for your thoughts. In some ways it's quite striking to see the images in post. I'm also curious to know how it performs for folks with forums, e.g. there is a add-on that places a post in image into the thumbnail for the post, as well as how they find a difference in how their forums may be indexed.

Top Bottom