Thread Titles Manager

Thread Titles Manager 1.0.1 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
hah! turning from 70 to 50 makes it do drop " | Board title" part on 4700 pages instead of 755. Every third page title on my forum were cut off by Google until today. Speaking of organic traffic leaks... )

Found 755 threads with too long titles. Their titles were modified from "Thread title | Board title" to "Thread title".
Now there are 24 threads with too long titles.

Found 4783 threads with too long titles. Their titles were modified from "Thread title | Board title" to "Thread title".
Now there are 755 threads with too long titles.

I'm going to change Max limit from 70 to 50 on my forum and we'll see what happens. )
no, bad idea. my BoardTitle is 20, has 3 words, all of which are my main keywords. if I set to 50, it means template modification will drop Board title starting from 51 and making title 31, and loosing keywords from the title. But the title was probably absolutely normal and was not cut. nooooo )
for me 70 it is.

The price of success.
There are some XF forums where you have to validate your license before you can download add-ons but I can't find anything about it in the resources.

@Ozzy47 can help i suppose.

@Anatoliy any plans to add sorting and forum exclusion? Otherwise I can take a stab at it :)
I'm working on it. Used as a tutorial episode 17 of "Building with xf2", but it uses xfs_tag_macros and I have no idea what it is. Probably from one of previous episodes. So I had no choice but to start from episode 1. :)
I'm on episode 11 right now, so it will take at least few days before the next update will be available.

First of all - a good addon/good idea :)

But I have questions:
For example, if you have 2 duplicate titles and then change one of them - then there are practically no more duplicate titles. But your addon leaves the one title that hasn't been changed marked as supposedly "duplicate". Can you still change that?

Also a real good idea - the possibility to exclude forums (like intern moderator forums with many double tittles like the one for double registrations eg.).

Greetings

Dropping a note here to remember the day I installed this to our forums :)

Great addon @Anatoliy, I really think this is useful!

I also have a couple of ideas for improvements :D

Since your time is limited due to the crappy situation, would you mind if I helped and sent over some "ready code" that has improvements? :)

Dropping a note here to remember the day I installed this to our forums :)

Great addon @Anatoliy, I really think this is useful!

I also have a couple of ideas for improvements :D

Since your time is limited due to the crappy situation, would you mind if I helped and sent over some "ready code" that has improvements? :)
Thanks! That would be really cool on many levels if there would not ""the crappy situation". First of all it would be cool to be able to use a real add-on, not a home made one. ) And second (even more important for me) I could see a correct code and to learn from it. However not these days.

Is there a way I could pass this add-on to you and you would take control over it? I guess that would be the best solution for everyone.

I have no idea, but I guess some of the forum admins can possibly make the change? 🤔
I guess they have more important things to do. )
Just go ahead and publish your add-on and I will post here that this one is abandoned and will put a link to yours.
Is it OK?

I guess they have more important things to do. )
Just go ahead and publish your add-on and I will post here that this one is abandoned and will put a link to yours.
Is it OK?
I'll check with them to see what would be the best way to do it.. There are things to consider if e.g. the addon id and versions make a difference? 🤔

Top Bottom