Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.10.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug - fix: squeezed thread thumbnails in forum view

In this release we have fixed an issue in the product causing thread thumbnails to be squeezed if they are not square.

Now the images will keep their proportions and will be centered horizontally and vertically.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Horizontal images are still not centered properly. This time it also broke the position of my no thumbnail image. It used to be centered. Now there is extra space at the top.

1526820711820.webp

Horizontal images are still not centered properly. This time it also broke the position of my no thumbnail image. It used to be centered. Now there is extra space at the top.

View attachment 175859

We don't see the issues on default theme - https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/thread-thumbnail.12/ Please provide a URL where we can see the problem on your site, and we will try to help. Please note, that the add-on is officially supported on default theme only, but we will do our best to find out what is the problem on your theme.

Thank you!

Would it be possible to have the thumbnail show larger than it's current size? Can the size of the thumbnail be specified as an option on the plugin? The size shows too small for our users and they either have to click into the thread or on the image to see the bigger version.

Hello, @apsmith21

The product replaces XenForo's default icon (which is the avatar of a user) with a thumbnail, without any size changes, as the size of the image itself basically depends on the theme you are using and what is the size of user avatars in your theme. We have discussed this with other users in this thread, and here are some CSS rules that should work for changing avatar/thumbnail width and height:
CSS:
div[data-type=thread] .structItem-cell.structItem-cell--icon {
    width: 90px;
}

div[data-type=thread] .structItem-iconContainer .threadThumbnailWrapper .avatar {
    width: 74px;
    height: 100px;
}

And the following rules would do the same but for sticky threads only:

CSS:
div[data-type=thread] .structItemContainer-group--sticky .structItem-cell.structItem-cell--icon {
    width: 90px;
}

div[data-type=thread] .structItemContainer-group--sticky .structItem-iconContainer .threadThumbnailWrapper .avatar {
    width: 74px;
    height: 100px;
}

Feel free to experiment with numbers to get the best look for your specific case.

Thank you!

The addon does not respect xenforo proxy image settings which causes the site to give unsecure site warnings if images from unsecure sites are used.

Bug-fix: the product does not respect image proxy settings

This is a bug-fix release that solves product compatibility issue with image proxy setting. From now on if image proxy is enabled the automatically detected thumbnail will use proxy instead of direct URL solving the SSL error and other related issues.

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be...

Hello, @estranged

The bug you have reported is now fixed and the new version is released. Please apply and let us know if there are any other problems.

Thank you!

After this update all thread thumbnails are gone.

1531425316006.webp

Edit: Thumbnails created from outside links work fine. Thumbnails from attachments stopped working.

Hello, @estranged

Please download the latest version of the product again and upload the files. It should fix the issue reported. Please confirm if there is still any issue and we will check it asap or we will release the fix here publically.

Thank you!

Bug-fix: thread thumbnails use proxy.php for internal URLs

Hello everyone,

here is a bug-fix version that solves proxy image bug when the images are linked from site's own domain. Now the product will not pass these URLs via proxy.php and will use them directly.

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if...

I only have this add-on enabled for 1 forum and auto thumbnail enable this one forum too. I added the css code in the FAQ to make the thread thumbs bigger but it effect all forums. And ideas?

I only have this add-on enabled for 1 forum and auto thumbnail enable this one forum too. I added the css code in the FAQ to make the thread thumbs bigger but it effect all forums. And ideas?

I seemed to have fixed it.

I created my own template called ad_thumbs.less

Copy and pasted the css from the FAQ to make the thread thumbnails bigger. (I customized the thumbs sizes to my liking)

Then in the forum_view template added this conditional.

<xf:if is="$forum.node_id == 11">
<xf:css src="ad_thumbs.less" />
</xf:if>

11 is the forum ID where I only want this css to work.

Hello, @PASS

Your solution is completely correct. In the next release we will include a template that loads only when thumbnails load, so that you can customize it directly and don't need to edit forum_view template.

Thank you!

Top Bottom