Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.13.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
@AddonsLab the first thread of all my forums list its shows only the avatar and the other the thumbnail, i try to change it manually the thumbnail in the first thread, but when i refresh the page it change it with the avatar.
This happens in all the forums

Please give us a URL where we can see the issue and we will check it.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: additional queries running in thread list having thumbnails

This is a bug-fix release, that solves the additional queries caused by the product on thread list pages.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AddonsLab How can I display thumbnail only in normal threads and not in stick threads? any css display: none? whats the code?

We are preparing a to release a new option to disable the thumbnails completely, we will also add an option to disable the thumbnail for sticky threads, so you don't need to change any CSS for this to work.

We will release the next version within about 24 hours.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

New options - enable/disable the product in soem forums, disable for sticky threads

In this release we have implemented two new options. One of options allows to enable/disable the product fully in any forums. If disabled, no thumbnails will be used and XenForo default behavior will be kept. Another option allows disabling thread thumbnails for all sticky threads across the board.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Avatars/thread thumbnails are square but most photos are not and this addon does not maintatin aspect ratio in thumbnails. May be the addon could try to keep the aspect ratio and just center the image without squeezing it.

So the thumbnail should be displayed like this:
yesratio.webp

instead of this:
noratio.webp

Avatars/thread thumbnails are square but most photos are not and this addon does not maintatin aspect ratio in thumbnails. May be the addon could try to keep the aspect ratio and just center the image without squeezing it.

So the thumbnail should be displayed like this:
View attachment 175118

instead of this:
View attachment 175119

Thank you for the report. We will test product's behavior with images having radically different width/height and will implement an appropriate solution.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab hi bro i see in FAQ that you put an option to resize the thumbnail and i do it!

1525986574702.webp
if you see i put the thumbnails like covers of games... and my question is:

is any way to put the stick threads normal without resizing and without thumbnail?
any display: none or something like that?

i want to display like this only the stick threads, respeting the thumbnails of the normal threads:
1525986852893.webp

@AddonsLab hi bro i see in FAQ that you put an option to resize the thumbnail and i do it!

View attachment 175127
if you see i put the thumbnails like covers of games... and my question is:

is any way to put the stick threads normal without resizing and without thumbnail?
any display: none or something like that?

i want to display like this only the stick threads, respeting the thumbnails of the normal threads:
View attachment 175128

All sticky threads have a class "structItemContainer-group--sticky". Using this class in your CSS you can apply the style to sticky thread thumbnails only. The rules in FAQ will become in this case:

CSS:
div[data-type=thread] .structItemContainer-group--sticky .structItem-cell.structItem-cell--icon {
    width: 90px;
}

div[data-type=thread] .structItemContainer-group--sticky .structItem-iconContainer .threadThumbnailWrapper .avatar {
    width: 74px;
    height: 100px;
}

Thank you!

All sticky threads have a class "structItemContainer-group--sticky". Using this class in your CSS you can apply the style to sticky thread thumbnails only. The rules in FAQ will become in this case:

CSS:
div[data-type=thread] .structItemContainer-group--sticky .structItem-cell.structItem-cell--icon {
    width: 90px;
}

div[data-type=thread] .structItemContainer-group--sticky .structItem-iconContainer .threadThumbnailWrapper .avatar {
    width: 74px;
    height: 100px;
}

Thank you!

WOW NOW IS PERFECT! LOOK IT!

1526048037219.webp

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND FOR YOUR FANTASTIC ADDON ;)

I have an error! Can you fix it?
  • ErrorException: Template error: Illegal string offset 'node_id'
  • internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s10/public/altt_thumbnail.php:111
  • Generado por: Jesus_jbs
  • 12/5/18 a las 13:10
Seguimiento
#0 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s10/public/altt_thumbnail.php(111): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, 'Illegal string ...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 111, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(LiamW\AllRichUsernames\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#2 src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Template/Templater.php(76): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('altt_thumbnail', Array, true)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1323): AL\ThreadThumbnail\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:altt_thu...', Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s10/public/thread_list_macros.php(26): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:altt_thu...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(LiamW\AllRichUsernames\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s10/public/whats_new_posts.php(226): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(LiamW\AllRichUsernames\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s10/public/whats_new_posts.php(348): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('whats_new_posts', 'results', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(LiamW\AllRichUsernames\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#10 src/addons/AL/ThreadThumbnail/XF/Template/Templater.php(76): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('whats_new_posts', Array, true)
#11 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): AL\ThreadThumbnail\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:whats_ne...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:WhatsNew\\Pos...', 'public:whats_ne...', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#16 src/XF/App.php(1894): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}
Estado de la solicitud
array(4) {
["url"] => string(22) "/novedades/posts/1208/"
["referrer"] => string(32) "https://www.comunidad-gamer.com/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Hello, @bolibick

The error definitely mentions, that it was rendering the thumbnail when the error happened, but seeing the error text we can confirm, that by default our product does not use any such variable mentioned in the message. Also based on our default implementation the template is only 107 lines, but the error for you happened on line 111. The only way this could happen is if you have manually edited the template. Please review your edit and confirm with us, if the variables used are actually available. If you keep seeing the error and could not find the reason, please contact us in our Support System and we will check it ourselves.

Thank you!

there is nothing in line 111 the code i put is only this :

Code:
<xf:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, [135,129])">
<style>
div[data-type=thread] .structItem-cell.structItem-cell--icon {
    width: 105px;

}

div[data-type=thread] .structItem-iconContainer .threadThumbnailWrapper .avatar {
    width: 89px;
    height: 130px;
}
  display:none;
}

width: 36px;
    height: 36px;
}
    .js-prefixContainer{
        margin-left:-53px;

}
    .js-quickThreadFields{
        margin-left:-53px;

}
    .avatar::after{
        border:none;
    }
    .avatar{
        box-shadow:none;
    }

</style>
</xf:if>

i put it in altt_thumbnail template at the botton like the image
1526134446378.webp
and the code it finished in line 99

1526134501703.webp

Hello!

The line numbers in the template are not the same as PHP version of the template (which you can't see in Admin Panel, but it is the file mentioned in the error message - nternal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s10/public/altt_thumbnail.php)

The cause of the error is that you don't have $forum variable in the template, but only $thread. Changing $forum to $thread will solve the issue.

By the way, with this edit you have included the same style for each thread in the page, which is not optimal. Put your edit in forum_view template (and if you do so, make sure to use $forum and NOT $thread), and the style will be loaded only once. You can put the code anywhere in that template, for example above the line

Code:
<xf:ad position="forum_view_above_thread_list" arg-forum="{$forum}" />

Thank you!

Top Bottom