XF 1.1 Thread Prefixes

An eagerly-awaited feature for XenForo 1.1, here is a first look at the new thread prefixes system, with a special guest appearance!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would there be a way to allow a "solved threads" feature using this, but where the OP would be able to mark the thread with a "solved" thread prefix from a click within the thread? Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself and will need to wait for a mod to do this :).
That's why i hoped that we will be able to use more thread prefixes at once.

Then we could have "WIN 7" Prefix for the thread and once it's solved it would have "SOLVED" "WIN7".
So we would need to remove the existing WIN7 prefix and replace it with solved

Another way is to have the normal prefixes + create for every normal prefix a solved (for example:

win7 Problem
win7 Problem solved
win vista
win vista solved

but that's IMO to much copy & paste work + this would result in too many unnecessary prefixes:(

Group permissions for setting prefixes exist - it's demonstrated in the video at 1:19.

Ah but you see Brogan, what you fail to realise is Im at work and therefore missed that LMAO ....... Oops, my bad :)

In which case... I think these are ace! :)

I notice you can reduce the thread list selection to a specific prefix by clicking on it.

How do you "un-filter" prefixes and show all threads again?

Also could you put the prefix underneath the thread title (because the left-hand placement of it pushes the start of the title text to different points and makes the eye search for the beginning of the title)?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

If you check the URL, you will note that it has been appended with ?prefix_id=5

You can click the small x to remove it. (just above the Title bar).

filter.webp

I didn't notice, but a 'default prefix' for a forum is not available, is it?

It would be great for support forums if there was a default prefix of "open" or something along those lines and then the staff could be sure that they'd address any open issues.

I have to say that this feature has not only met, but exceeded my expectations! But then again, that's an xF thing ;)

Is there a duplicate prefix option? So if I need to create a prefix for forums X, Y, and Z. I can duplicate my first one a few times and change the name/style of it so I don't need to constantly select those forums for each prefix I create.

Is there a duplicate prefix option? So if I need to create a prefix for forums X, Y, and Z. I can duplicate my first one a few times and change the name/style of it so I don't need to constantly select those forums for each prefix I create.
I highly doubt it :( Luckily I don't need it :) If you know about queries I bet you can do this things very easily in MySQL, though.

If you check the URL, you will note that it has been appended with ?prefix_id=5

You can click the small x to remove it. (just above the Title bar).

View attachment 18818
Would it pretty cool if 'Filters' has a input field slide out which when you start typing has filter-suggestions like a username input field has username-suggestions so we can update/append/narrow down our filter search in forums with millions of threads and 50+ prefixes.

Tip to everybody.

If you have a community with an archive forum for example. And you create a prefix for another forum. Do not forget to select the archive forum as well. Otherwise if you move your content away from public view it might loose the prefix. (Which is why I usually put the team + archive forums at the top, rather than the bottom - so I don't forget about them.)

Top Bottom