XF 1.1 Thread Prefixes

An eagerly-awaited feature for XenForo 1.1, here is a first look at the new thread prefixes system, with a special guest appearance!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mike on the mike ;)

question: what does "Display Order" mean ? what happens if the number is 100 or 1 or 1000 ? what is the difference?

"Sorry

The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

at first i thought you are going to introduce a new staff to the team ;)
thread perfix - as expected
cpanel- Amazing tool :cool: great work (y)

xenforo.thread.prefix.create.new.and.permissions.webp

xenforo.thread.prefix.select.prefix.and.change.inline.webp

Looks great :)
I like the cameo of Mike.

The integration of thread prefixes is very good. Some questions remain:

1. My threads can be characterized in 3.000 different classes. Is there a speed problem when I add these number of prefixes to my xf forum? Each forum would just have a dozen of classes.

2. Lots of my topics handle multiple classes. Can I assign multiple prefixes to one thread?

Thanks a lot!

2. Lots of my topics handle multiple classes. Can I assign multiple prefixes to one thread?

They say, Thread prefixes are not tags. Hence, only expect one to one relationship. Also, Interface design has no clue that multiple/nested prefixes can be used. :-)

Really looks great. But Improvement is possible. I have more than hundred forums, the administration could be a bit complicated. Prefix Grouping also would be nice, i like this vb feature.
And a really big improvent would be, if the moderaror of a forum can edit the Prefixes used in his Forum.

Drama Queen:
Oh:(
So it's not possible to have multiple threads prefixes per thread?
So it's not possible to define thread prefixes to be only selectable / and/or thread only visible by group xyz?
And no prefix groups to be able to manage them faster?

BUT:
the acp search looks great!

If I understand your question correctly, that's possible--see 1:20 in the video.
thx
i mean
threadprefix "intern" should be only selectable & visible for group x
so all threads with prefix "intern"will only be visible to group x

it's AFAIK also not possible via addon , because the criteria can't be sent from 1 eventlistener to another, so only 1 add-on would be able to manipulate the fetch criteria ( http://xenforo.com/community/threads/event-listeners-to-manipulate-criteria-in-controllers.18072/ )

Great feature, its really very well designed, thanks K&M both of you :)

Question: I see prefixes are being included in the title and url. Would it be possible to not include them in the title and url? specially url as I don't like prefixes to be included in the url.

Top Bottom