XF 1.1 Thread Prefixes

An eagerly-awaited feature for XenForo 1.1, here is a first look at the new thread prefixes system, with a special guest appearance!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where are the headphones when you need them? Can't watch this till tomorrow sadly. I assume awesomeness. And Mike, is that PA accent coming out? Or is dahntown to far west for you? Lol

Now it makes a whole lot of sense of why Thread Title box is singular and a bit bigger.

The team of Kier and Mike is wonderful - I mean, I never thought you could code it so that, the prefixes are selectable from the box itself. I state again: This team is scary. It's like this, a team of coders can create something like this, but this is a work of two developers.

I would expect this kind of coding from a company like Microsoft, or Java, or a 20 year veteran of AJAX or Javazcript.

This is why people choose XenForo: even the old ideas are done in an innovative way. Great work guys, can't wait to try the new release. :)

The amount of options..... :eek:

T'was a lot of options in vB prefixes but...this is like a whole. new. level.

I mean, I expected prefixes to have some kind of color like vb, but then Kier and Mike go the extra mile and create a system that renders thread icons useless.

Looks good. I did notice that only on the "Move Thread" were you able to change a thread prefix to "No Prefix". Hopefully that is added in on the thread editing, etc. Otherwise removing a prefix looks like it might not be too easy. Maybe I missed it though. =)

Looks good. I did notice that only on the "Move Thread" were you able to change a thread prefix to "No Prefix". Hopefully that is added in on the thread editing, etc. Otherwise removing a prefix looks like it might not be too easy. Maybe I missed it though. =)
Wherever there is a thread prefix gadget, 'No prefix' is one of the options in the drop-down, provided it is not the currently-selected option (we don't include the current selection within the menu).

So you can define prefixes and restrict them to specific forums?

Now that would really be handy for my social cycle rides forum - the members are always complaining that it's difficult to find rides in their local area (because it's a busy forum and there are so many threads) - so I could setup prefixes for regions of the UK and they could pick one to "tag" their ride threads?

Marvellous!! (y)

Would there be a way to allow a "solved threads" feature using this, but where the OP would be able to mark the thread with a "solved" thread prefix from a click within the thread? Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself and will need to wait for a mod to do this :).

Editing the thread (title) is a moderator function and it would apply to all threads (either globally or in a specific forum) so you would need an add-on.

Not only has it been eagerly awaited, but it looks like it has been made with such class and admins in mind to make it so user friendly and (as with everything xenForo) very ascetically pleasing! Great job Kier and Mike.

Only thing I would say is as Ragtek said above, the ability to only allow group xyz to use x prefix would be handy. Even using your example forum as an example (is that english?) you would only generally want yourselves to mark a topic as [confirmed] on a bug report, therefore group permissions would be handy in that instance. Gotta say though yet again it looks really well :)

As for the admin search ..... Top stuff :)

Top Bottom