XF 1.1 Thread Prefixes

An eagerly-awaited feature for XenForo 1.1, here is a first look at the new thread prefixes system, with a special guest appearance!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thread prefixes have now been deployed to the bugs forums here at XenForo.com.

as the previous poster said, it is quite hard to read the titles.
Is it possible to have the "Prefix" located at the right-hand-side of the thread-title?

I mean: putting the buttons for the "Prefix" after the thread-title.

I am sure you have an option for that coded in 1 hour ;)

How can you select more than one Thread Prefix at a time ?

Say:
Fixed
Not a Bug

Well, looking at the filter removal options, it is quite obvious that we might see multiple criteria to filter the result. Since, thread prefixes are not nested (that means one thread can have at max one thread prefix at a time,) hence, there might be OR operation not and AND. Let's see what else is there to come in near future. :-)

The "remove all filters" button is for future use when there may be other filter options.
Suggestion: Remove things that aren't functioning yet ?
If it isn't too hard to hide, the GUI would have less clutter with things that don't apply.
This is like the Search Everything vs. Search Threads and Posts.

there is a strange orange/brown-colored line at the bottom of the prefix-button when creating a new thread (using FireFox).

prefix_line.webp

lol, yeah I need to work on improving my english-language skills :p

I see now this is from the "shadow". It looked to me like a line.
I mean, it would look a bit nicer if it would be in blue color.....

Is the content of the thread prefix taken into account when using the basic search (the one at the top right corner)?

Here's where I'm coming from; we have a series of ride threads on our cycling forum entitled FNRttC (Friday Night Ride to the Coast).

If I create a prefix - FNRttC - and people start using it in the Rides forum to tag those rides, the thread titles will no longer contain the key FNRttC element and instead just contain the ride details, e.g.;

No prefix thread title: FNRttC Hull to York 10th September 2011
Prefixed thread title: Hull to York 10th September 2011

So, when someone uses the basic search for "FNRttC" - will these threads come up in the results?

My membership would expect them to, but if they've got to go to the advanced search page and manually select them, or alternatively sift through the rides thread to find the first one and then click it to sort/see all the others - well then it doesn't seem as intuitive as I first thought. :(

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Does this answer your question?

http://xenforo.com/community/search/1319213/?q=Duplicate&t=post&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=13

As you can see, the results are almost identical to using the prefix filter: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/resolved-bug-reports.13/?prefix_id=8

The only difference is any threads with the same word in the title will also be returned when using search.

Fantastic!

<doffs cap in Paul's direction>

You sir ... are, most definitely, the font of all xenforo knowledge! :D

Top Bottom