XF 1.1 Thread Prefixes

An eagerly-awaited feature for XenForo 1.1, here is a first look at the new thread prefixes system, with a special guest appearance!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I haven't read all 13 pages and quite honestly, don't know what search terms I would use. Do the prefix filters only work on a per-forum basis or site wide? For example:
I have prefix "Xbox" to show up on my Game 1, Game 2 and Game 3 forums. When in Game 1 forum, I click prefix "Xbox", does it only show me threads from Game 1 or all the different sections that this prefix is involved with?

Here is a cool Prefix Tweak ..... see the easily selectable prefixes above the forum ? :) Nice eh ?
prefix-jpg.20510

More at
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pfps-com-br-thread-prefix-listing.22091/ [addon]

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/prefix-index-listing.21947/ [discussion]

How I can make the filter at once on several prefixes? If it is not possible now, whether it will be possible in the future?
And very much there is no filtration on prefixes in the enclosed forums.

when using "Advanced Search":
why is it not possible to search for a certain "Prefix", without entering a "search-term" ?

I tried typing "prefix" in the Admin Search Bar, as demonstrated in the video, and then clicked on thread_prefixes.css. However, this returns an error of "Templates in this style can not be modified. Please try another."

Shouldn't clicking on it open the template from the default style? I am using 1.1 beta 3.

I tried typing "prefix" in the Admin Search Bar, as demonstrated in the video, and then clicked on thread_prefixes.css. However, this returns an error of "Templates in this style can not be modified. Please try another."

Shouldn't clicking on it open the template from the default style? I am using 1.1 beta 3.
Upgrade to Beta 4. That was a known issue fixed in Beta 4 if I remember correctly.

prefix_long.gif

the visible space for the "Thread Title" is quite limiting when having long Prefix-text.
I do have Prefixes which have quite a long text (even longer text than in the example as per screenshot above) and this makes the remaining space for the title quite small (visually).

Is it possible to make the font-size for this field (prefix and thread-title field) just smaller so that it is possible to see the entire thread-title-text when creating a thread ? Why is this font so huge?

Appreciate your help!

View attachment 21874

the visible space for the "Thread Title" is quite limiting when having long Prefix-text.
I do have Prefixes which have quite a long text (even longer text than in the example as per screenshot above) and this makes the remaining space for the title quite small (visually).

Is it possible to make the font-size for this field (prefix and thread-title field) just smaller so that it is possible to see the entire thread-title-text when creating a thread ? Why is this font so huge?

Appreciate your help!
They do it so the thread prefix looks like it fits/belongs there, I'd assume.

View attachment 21874

Appreciate your help!
They should be kept short IMO. What about "Automation & Mech. Eng." ?

I am not talking about abbreviations, but of how to make the font smaller or splitting the "Prefix" and "Thread-Title" into 2 boxes.

I am not talking about abbreviations, but of how to make the font smaller or splitting the "Prefix" and "Thread-Title" into 2 boxes.
it is initially two boxes on 'new thread', the prefix over the top of the title. it is that way for a split second before merging together, which leads me to believe the merging is achieved via javascript. it is possible you could alter that.

I wonder if it's worth mentioning that if you mess with the width of the text box (class and width data is shown in the screenshot), then the text is dropped to a second line?
Not so much "a bug" but more, don't mess with it in the first place :D

prefix_drop.webp

I wonder if it's worth mentioning that if you mess with the width of the text box (class and width data is shown in the screenshot), then the text is dropped to a second line?
Not so much "a bug" but more, don't mess with it in the first place :D

View attachment 21885
I'd assume that's a CSS "issue", since it simply goes to the second line if you have one width that would overlap the other.

This is a feature request/Bug When creating a new thread prefix I want it to match the settings of say "Alpha" however the Category's/forums that Alpha is enabled for don't transfer over to the a newly created thread prefix.

There is a way to use one as a master but it takes the color of the original prefix (not cool) and doesn't take the hard work of the category's

Also if a new Category is created then you have to go back to almost every thread to enable the authorization of which threads work with new category

I just found the prefix grouping feature however there is no way after the prefix is made to add or subtract to that group and pick up the forums that the others are enabled for.

Top Bottom