XF 1.1 Thread Prefixes

An eagerly-awaited feature for XenForo 1.1, here is a first look at the new thread prefixes system, with a special guest appearance!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did not liked it alot, that's because one thing.

In our forum there are alot of new people that never used foruns before, then what I see what going to happen it's people clicking in prefixes trying to open threads.
I already notice that people click even forum icons for try to open it, it's causes problems people get lost, I already did an tutorial that always opens after login to new people or they usualy leave the site because they don't understand how to use the site.

You must think too that there is alot of people who don't used foruns before, and I really needed to edit Xenforo alot to make it easier for them.

I did not liked it alot, that's because one thing.

In our forum there are alot of new people that never used foruns before, then what I see what going to happen it's people clicking in prefixes trying to open threads.
I already notice that people click even forum icons for try to open it, it's causes problems people get lost, I already did an tutorial that always opens after login to new people or they usualy leave the site because they don't understand how to use the site.

You must think too that there is alot of people who don't used foruns before, and I really needed to edit Xenforo alot to make it easier for them.
You know that prefixes are optional, and won't appear unless you decide to display/use them, right?

You know that prefixes are optional, and won't appear unless you decide to display/use them, right?
Right, what I mean it's that alot of people complain to us that is to complicated.
Alot of them don't know what is an Topic, even less how to create it.

Then I spend some hours giving step by step tutorials for new users, that are about 10 per day. :)

I agree, kier's second version with colons looks nice. I still think we should do something about the thread titles not starting at the same place. I realize it's a smaller matter of editing a lil css... :)

The only problem with this is you'd have to guess what your longest prefix might be :/ There's just no easy win win here. I like both looks actually.

If we were to implement a way to add multiple categorisations for threads, it would be in the form of a tagging system rather than multiple prefixes, which I believe would involve an overly complex user interface.
Whether the tagging system and when is expected?

I don't have 1.1 installed anywhere yet, so I'm just asking in case it's there: is there a way (natively or by add-on, more likely) to set a prefix that will automatically remove itself after x amount of time (i.e. a "New Music" prefix that would expire after seven days)?

Top Bottom