Thread Filter by AddonsLab

Thread Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.9.2

No permission to buy ($69.99)
AddonsLab updated Thread Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Search\Search::getResultSet()

This version fixes a PHP error on the general search page introduced in version 3.4.0:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Search\Search::getResultSet()
The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug-fix: Elasticsearch error when prefix IDs are not numeric

The release fixes a bug, that would cause ES search error "Elasticsearch error: all shards failed". This would happen only if you have Multiple prefix search option activated, and if a user/bot manually modifies the URL to include invalid prefix IDs (which are normally numeric). This is not a security issue as an attacker would not get any error message except that searching failed.

[URL...

XF 2.2 ACP->Tools->Rebuild caches

[Rebuild Thread Fields]

I don't even have any custom thread fields added.

1599641393008.png

Less:
Error: Call to undefined method XF\Util\Arr::arrayColumn() in src/addons/AL/FilterFramework/Service/FieldIndexer.php at line 217
AL\FilterFramework\Service\FieldIndexer->deleteOrphanedIndex() in src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/Job/ThreadField.php at line 42
AL\ThreadFilter\Job\ThreadField->getItemBatch() in src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/Job/ThreadField.php at line 50
AL\ThreadFilter\Job\ThreadField->getNextIds() in src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php at line 30
XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 258
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 200
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 116
XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2298
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 464
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Bug-fix: Error: Call to undefined method XF\Util\Arr::arrayColumn()

This version fixes the following PHP error when rebuilding custom fields:

Error: Call to undefined method XF\Util\Arr::arrayColumn()

Thank you!

The software calls home!?:eek:
All information regarding licensing can be seen at https://addonslab.com/threads/product-licensing-information.81/

And what is "setup fees"? I do not need such a thing! but I cannot deselect it
Simply, the license costs 69.99$ which includes the first year updates and support. You can extend updates and support for 40$ each year, but you don't have to do it and keep using the version you own at the moment of expiry as long as you want. "Setup fee" is the additional price you pay for the license itself (basically 69.99$ - 40.00$). You can't deselect it.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab

Having an issue with XF 2.2.2 and Thread Filter 3.4.4. When set to 'Above thread list' the Sort by list is empty.

1608226955161.png

It works properly with the popup, sidebar, and mobile off-canvas filters.

1608227007931.png

1608227027840.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sbj
I get this message trying to install a trial for evaluation:
Fatal error: The file /home/teeshubc/public_html/src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/Setup.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 7.1. in Unknown on line 0

I do have a question to the users of this addon, not related to the addon itself.

What is the best way to use the thread fields as birthdays?

Say, I want to save the birthdays of people as fields, and of course make a use of it by using this addon (filtering). What type of field is the best or what option?

The problem I do have is I want it filterable as possible but on the other side unknown birthdays are a problem. Like some birthdays are 1 January 1970 but some birthdays are ?? ?? 1500s.

Should I create 3 dropdown fields? For day, month and year separately? Or just one single line textbox? I don't know what to do.

The date picker is horrible as it forces you to pick day and month but some dates are just vague, one just knows the birthyear and nothing more. And you can't select just the year.

The age of someone seems to be a problem to me:

Not perfect!
Save the age; we can sort by, we can search in a range.
but after one year this person needs to change his age!

Better:
get date of birth, save it reversed!
Now we can sort by this value.
But we cant do a range search, without recalcing the search parameter to dates.

Means to find all between 21 and 22, we need 2021-21=2000 and 2001, then search for

Best?

Save the birthdate and calculate the age to a second field, while saving and with a daily cron?

custom fields:
birthdate (editable)
age (hidden)

new addon for custom fields:
while saving birthday, calc age
cronjob looks daily for field birthday to find day and month and set age+1

Any other ideas?

How can i prevent guests from using the filters, please?
If i use XONs permissions for custom fields, the filters are still there, also the fields in the thread list.

One more strange thing:

I have a field age with value 22; to find it, i cant filter from 22 to 22, also not from 21 to 22!

Hello, @Robert9

It seems the easiest approach to using age would be having it as a numeric custom field, and re-calculating it based on birthday. It should be easy to do recalculation only for users who had their birthday in the last 24 hours. This might be possible to do even with a direct query.

How can i prevent guests from using the filters, please?
If i use XONs permissions for custom fields, the filters are still there, also the fields in the thread list.
We will implement a permission "Can use custom field filters" for our products. I am afraid, adding per-custom field permission is an overkill and not useful for majority of our customers.

One more strange thing:

I have a field age with value 22; to find it, i cant filter from 22 to 22, also not from 21 to 22!
That's indeed an issue, we will fix it asap.

Thank you!

Thank you for listening. :)

In a field with integer have to insert now two values. Search from "22" till "33".
It would be perfect to have default values like 18,99, then people understand what to do.

2. Please tell me, which fields are needed to use the Geocoding API?
Users will normaly never give their zip or street. Can it be used with town only?

3. Add two fields with a lot of checkboxes.
Show them in thread_list as a line.

Now change the value for position for both fields, the order unter the title will stay!

Last edited:
Top Bottom