Thread Filter by AddonsLab

Thread Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.9.2

No permission to buy ($69.99)
Thx about the explanations.

About the empty filters, can we see an example on your board for this? Because I believe it doesn't work for me but I am not sure. So seeing an example would help me to be sure about if I do sth wrong vs. it's not working for me.

Sorry, will check it out soon and provide you some example.

If a forum has prefixes, can they work in conjunction with the filters and show in the widget?

Yes, prefixes are shown in the filters, you can see it at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/filter-in-sidebar.4/ in the sidebar.

Thank you!

The AJAX reloading is SWEET! This is going to work nicely for me I think, instead of using the Social Groups add-on... I have people in certain areas that can use the location custom fields and sort... I am really liking this...

AddonsLab updated Thread Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Minor UI and compatibility issues

This is a minor release that solves several fixes:
  1. When the filter form is shown above the thread list, the second column of the form had an unneeded border on the top. This is removed now with an additional JavaScript that detects the fields which are on top of the column and removes the separator border for them.
  2. When filterable dropdown lists are enabled in the options, clicking a field with dragging the mouse would select all other fields and the list of threads. This...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A way to show popular fields.

Suggestion: A field cloud widget (like a tag cloud), independent or part of the current widget at the bottom.

Example: Let's say you have the 50 states as a location field. But only 22 have been used and mostly NY and Cali. You could have a "Popular" section of the widget, the backend lets you choose the field you want to use and the number shown. So you could have the top 20 popular states as a tag cloud with the more popular in larger font (or just in order). It could work with all fields and prefixes as well. You select which you want to display and the max.

This way someone pops in and sees what is popular without sorting. Could work well with certain niches, or brands. Ford, Chevy, etc. They click it like a tag or prefix.

Thanks

Last edited:
Bug Report: Below Sort By option placing filter inside menu-footer.

The "Below Sort By" option is placing the filter inside the menu footer. A quick look at the template modification has the regex mapped to the <div class="menu\-footer">.
Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 5.31.52 PM.webpScreen Shot 2019-11-07 at 5.32.15 PM.webp

Reactions: sbj
Is possible to have custom url associated with a custom filed ?

I mean can i create a sub page of forum that i can if i need link somehwere on inmternet that when clicked wil lshow me directly the content of the page filtered ?

Example:

Code:
https://myforum.com/forum/name-of-forum/custom-field-value/

In this way we could for SEO index the forum for some spercific list it ewill create infinite indexing popssibilities

Is possible to have custom url associated with a custom filed ?

I mean can i create a sub page of forum that i can if i need link somehwere on inmternet that when clicked wil lshow me directly the content of the page filtered ?

Example:

Code:
https://myforum.com/forum/name-of-forum/custom-field-value/

In this way we could for SEO index the forum for some spercific list it ewill create infinite indexing popssibilities

so ????

Not sure, if I understand your question correctly, but each filter has its own url.
So you can link to filtered results, like for example this:

I selected this:

1577380571695.png

The url looks like this (look at the end):

https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/filter-on-top-of-thread-list.5/&thread_fields[jgjgjgkjgk]=32432432443

Here you can see it:

Just play with the filters and you will see changes in the url bar of your browser according the choices you make.

Not sure, if I understand your question correctly, but each filter has its own url.
So you can link to filtered results, like for example this:

I selected this:

View attachment 215718

The url looks like this (look at the end):

https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/filter-on-top-of-thread-list.5/&thread_fields[jgjgjgkjgk]=32432432443

Here you can see it:

Just play with the filters and you will see changes in the url bar of your browser according the choices you make.

Is there a way i could rewrite this custom url to make it a bit more seo friendly ?

Hi @AddonsLab , could we please request that you create a new type of filter field that would filter on a number range and the user would put in a number in the necessary field when creating their thread? We use this filter a lot for our classifieds sections and our members are asking for the ability to put in a price for their item and then for people to be able to filter threads based on a price range.

@AddonsLab I'm working on widget that works with dates; would this add-on be able to do a partial date search, such as find matching threads where the CTF month & day (but not year) = {search value month & day}?

Does the filter save when you return or reset?

Example. I have users looking for items in Alabama. They set the filter, view, and log out. They log back in and click this forum. Is Alabama still set or is it empty?

If not I'd like to suggest a Save button. Regards

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in addressing all your questions.

@Michele As @sbj mentioned, every page already has its URL. Creating rewrites is not related to the add-on, but should be done with your server software (Nginx, Apache). This way any URL can be rewritten to have a short version that redirects to the longer version.

@Firestrm_ZA The text field with matching options setting up as a numeric field does exactly that. Here is a link from a page showing the list of threads having "numeric input" field between 36 and 37 - https://xf2.addonslab.com/forums/fi...[from]=36&thread_fields[numeric_input][to]=37

@Kevin I am afraid that's not possible. Dates are stored as Unix timestamps so we need the full date to turn it into a timestamp and filter the list based on it.

@beerForo Filters don't persist between pages, they work exactly like standard XenForo filters do (sort order, thread starter etc.), they are just for filtering the list. Your suggestion is indeed useful, but I am afraid we will not have time to work on it anytime soon.

@AddonsLab

Getting a file health check notice for one file.

View attachment 218901

It seems to be related to using multiple filter products from us. Once all issues are resolved and final packages are published, the error will be gone.

Thank you!

I have a strange question.

I linked in WhatsApp to a friend a filtered link like:

The problem was, he couldn't land on the page he supposed to be. He landed on a non-related page, no patter what I did.

He uses "Apple 11 pro max" as his phone.

Can someone test this on WhatsApp, if possible with a newer iPhone and report back?

On my phone all works fine, not sure why this is happening.

I have a strange question.

I linked in WhatsApp to a friend a filtered link like:

The problem was, he couldn't land on the page he supposed to be. He landed on a non-related page, no patter what I did.

He uses "Apple 11 pro max" as his phone.

Can someone test this on WhatsApp, if possible with a newer iPhone and report back?

On my phone all works fine, not sure why this is happening.

IM apps automatically detect links in messages using some patterns of detecting what could be a URL. As the URL structure is quite complex, it is possible the app just did not detect correctly where the URL finishes, removing some parts of the argument. But I assume the URL shpould be still something like https://xf2.addonslab.com/forums/filter-in-sidebar.4/?thread_fields.... Having the exact URL where he ended up would make it more clear from which character it stopped recognizing.

Thank you!

Reactions: sbj
Top Bottom