Thread Filter by AddonsLab

Thread Filter by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.9.2

No permission to buy ($69.99)
@Joe Link ,

it seems we will need some more time to prepare the next major upgrade so we will implement the open/close filter and the ability to hide the prefix filter as a separate minor update. I see you have mentioned in your request at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-filter-by-addonslab-paid.140364/page-11#post-1330379 that you need a checkbox to filter by the open/close state. I am not sure how a checkbox could be used to represent open/locked/any status, so maybe we could implement it as a selection list:

1564931785800.webp

Please let us know your thoughts regarding this and if you have a suggestion on what could be a better UI for this feature.

Thank you!

@Joe Link ,

it seems we will need some more time to prepare the next major upgrade so we will implement the open/close filter and the ability to hide the prefix filter as a separate minor update. I see you have mentioned in your request at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-filter-by-addonslab-paid.140364/page-11#post-1330379 that you need a checkbox to filter by the open/close state. I am not sure how a checkbox could be used to represent open/locked/any status, so maybe we could implement it as a selection list:

View attachment 207793

Please let us know your thoughts regarding this and if you have a suggestion on what could be a better UI for this feature.

Thank you!

Thank you! A dropdown would be fine :)

AddonsLab updated Thread Filter by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Additional filter - Discussion status and an ability to hide the prefix filter

The version implements an additional filter - "Discussion status", allowing to filter the threads based on their locked/unlocked status. A new option is added to allow the admins to decide which additional filters should be enabled (Locked/Unlocked status is the only choice for now) and decide where exactly these fields should appear in the form.

Another enhancement in this version is the ability to hide the prefix filter from the form, as an additional option for the setting "Disable...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I bought this for my LMS forum. I have a question.
How to counting post in a filter?
Thanks a lot!!!!

Unfortunately, it is not quite clear what exactly you mean. If you mean, how to know the number of threads, that match the filter, it is something we planned to implement in the upcoming major update of Thread Filter. On every change of the filter, there will be an indicator showing the total number of threads matched.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, it is not quite clear what exactly you mean. If you mean, how to know the number of threads, that match the filter, it is something we planned to implement in the upcoming major update of Thread Filter. On every change of the filter, there will be an indicator showing the total number of threads matched.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!
Thanks!!!
That what i mean :)) (sorry for my poor English)
Waiting for new update ^_^

Dependency added: [AL] Core Package

This is a minor release, that changes the way the add-on is using some of our shared PHP classes. From now on, the add-on will require a core library package from https://xenforo.com/community/resources/al-core-package.7382/ to be installed. Please download the package and install it before upgrading the add-on. Please upgrade all other AddonsLab add-ons you are using to their latest versions if you see an error in the Admin Panel about files with unexpected content.

The new...

Major update - Faceted search, location filter and many more

Hello everyone,

This is the major update announced earlier. The amount of work involved was much larger and we could not manage it in the timeframe planned initially, but the development is finally over and we are excited to release this upgrade now.

Due to larger amount of work involved we decided the final price for the product will be 69.99 USD with 40 USD yearly renewal price. As announced before, the change of the price does not affect our existing customers in any way.

The most...

Thanks for the newest updates. This addon gets better and better and has so many features. I can't keep up with it anymore.

So I have a question.

What does this mean:

1570656792165.webp

and

1570657362262.webp

Fantastic updates, this is quickly becoming must-purchase for any XF user. The price is worth every penny.

In the filter list on forum view, users get a nice little search box for dropdown fields:

1571200219235.png

But when posting a thread, there is no search box :

1571200318101.png

Would adding a search box for dropdown fields when posting be possible, or is that outside the scope of this addon? I have a field with 400+ options, many of them multiple words.

Fantastic updates, this is quickly becoming must-purchase for any XF user. The price is worth every penny.

In the filter list on forum view, users get a nice little search box for dropdown fields:

View attachment 212062

But when posting a thread, there is no search box :

View attachment 212063

Would adding a search box for dropdown fields when posting be possible, or is that outside the scope of this addon? I have a field with 400+ options, many of them multiple words.

It is a bit out of the scope of this add-on, as we are implementing the filter form itself, and we don't modify the form of submission of data in any way, but I completely understand admins and users would expect these two places to provide the same UI. We may just release a free add-on that implements that feature, as soon as we find some time.

Thank you!

Thanks for the newest updates. This addon gets better and better and has so many features. I can't keep up with it anymore.

So I have a question.

What does this mean:

View attachment 211790

and

View attachment 211791

In some contexts, the list of threads shows threads from multiple forums, for example in the search page or in already supported Aggregating Forums by @Xon . However, multiple forums may have completely different custom fieldset, let's say forum A has filed1 and field2 and forum B has field2 and field3 assigned to the. If you choose "Shared fields only" the filter form, in this case, will show only the field2, and if you choose "All fields", it will show field1, field2, field3.

With faceted search, the form updates to indicate how many items can be found for each filter element. If you filter the list by title, the remaining fields will update the counters and show how many items matching this title also match a checkbox, radio etc. Now, in some cases there is no match particular field, meaning checking that checkbox would bring empty results. With "Hide" option select these checkboxes are not shown at all in the list. With "Fade" option they are shown, but using a different CSS style, so users clearly see they will not get any results if they click it, but the same time they see that the option exists, so they could refine their original search if they are interested in finding items that match that option.

Thank you!

Reactions: sbj
Thx about the explanations.

About the empty filters, can we see an example on your board for this? Because I believe it doesn't work for me but I am not sure. So seeing an example would help me to be sure about if I do sth wrong vs. it's not working for me.

Top Bottom