XF 2.2 Move thread filter options outside of dropdown menu

tomnjerry74

In forum_view, I'm trying to remove the drop-down menu aspect of the thread filters and instead display the contents of the drop-down at all times.

1650916263835.webp

The code for the filter menu is referenced in the "forum_view" template, but I'm not sure how to make it not a drop-down.

HTML:
<a class="filterBar-menuTrigger" data-xf-click="menu" role="button" tabindex="0" aria-expanded="false" aria-haspopup="true">{{ phrase('filters') }}</a>
                    <div class="menu menu--wide" data-menu="menu" aria-hidden="true"
                        data-href="{{ link('forums/filters', $forum, $filters) }}"
                        data-load-target=".js-filterMenuBody">
                        <div class="menu-content">
                            <h4 class="menu-header">{{ phrase('show_only:') }}</h4>
                            <div class="js-filterMenuBody">
                                <div class="menu-row">{{ phrase('loading...') }}</div>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </div>

Solution
Found a workaround in forum_filters by replacing
HTML:
<xf:foreach loop="$sortOptions" key="$sortKey" value="$null">
                    <xf:option value="{$sortKey}">{{ phrase_dynamic('forum_sort.' . $sortKey) }}</xf:option>
                </xf:foreach>
with custom options. Now they populate just like the other menus. 🤷‍♂️
The problem is any time I include the forum_filters template elswhere in forum_view like so:
HTML:
<xf:include template="forum_filters" />
The "Sort By" dropdown doesn't populate and is blank. The other menus still function properly though.

Does anyone know how to do this correctly?

Found a workaround in forum_filters by replacing
HTML:
<xf:foreach loop="$sortOptions" key="$sortKey" value="$null">
                    <xf:option value="{$sortKey}">{{ phrase_dynamic('forum_sort.' . $sortKey) }}</xf:option>
                </xf:foreach>
with custom options. Now they populate just like the other menus. 🤷‍♂️

Solution
Could you possibly include a screenshot of what your results look like? The finished version. I want to make the filters more prevalent and am not sure how I want it to look yet. Thanks!! ❤️

Could you possibly include a screenshot of what your results look like? The finished version. I want to make the filters more prevalent and am not sure how I want it to look yet. Thanks!! ❤️

Sure. It's a very stripped-down, simplistic setup inspired by Reddit. I've only kept two drop-downs and they're located just above the quickthread title bar in place of the original "Filters" button.

1651159293352.webp
1651159317626.webp
1651159333574.webp

Last edited:
The problem is any time I include the forum_filters template elswhere in forum_view like so:
HTML:
<xf:include template="forum_filters" />
The "Sort By" dropdown doesn't populate and is blank. The other menus still function properly though.

Does anyone know how to do this correctly?
Hi :-)
I tried your suggestion but it doesn't show all the filters,
for example the prefix menu does not appear in the form.
Did you manage to resolve this?

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom