• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Themesinc.com - New Styles now available!

I am very interesting in buying the Framework only. Your styles are fantastic, but I prefer custom styles I make. Although, using mine with this framework would make my members extra happy as they asked for some of these things.
+ for that :D

Hi Guys,
Every skins that we release includes the Framework.
Basically the Framework it's a default XenForo style with around 200+ custom options.
The actual skin it's a child style of the Framework.

If you purchase a skin you will get the framework and as long as it is used for your own website only, you are allowed to make your custom style using it.

Obviously you are not allowed to redistribute it or sell it as it would mean that you are giving away our work and breech our copyright and license.

Other than that you can certainly use it and modify it :)

What if there'll be a new xenForo version with some of the features currently available only in the Themesinc framework?

Could it cause a conflict? Making the custom framework + themesinc skin not working.

What if there'll be a new xenForo version with some of the features currently available only in the Themesinc framework?

Could it cause a conflict? Making the custom framework + themesinc skin not working.

It happen before and could happen again...
We used to have the sharing block on the sidebar, the Facebook widget theme option and the Tweet Button before XenForo.
As soon as new version is released we also upgrade the framework.
If a feature become obsolete because it's included in the core product we simply remove it.
If our feature compliment the core feature and it's compatible we keep it.
Nothing is set in stone and we are more than happy to adjust to XenForo :)

Best of all as the skins are set as child of the framework we can release update without affecting your own modifications... as long as they don't directly affect the templates that are changed or removed.

I am not opposed to the pricing at all. I don't mind paying for quality. I would like to see a couple of extra color slots though. If you completely colorize the theme, there's some spots that don't change. Not talking many, 3 or 4 more color options would go a long way.

@markku, as Miko stated this has already happened and any redundancies would simply be removed to avoid any conflicts :)
Hopefully that answers your question.
Thanks.

Reactions: Dan
I like the XenFracture style, but would like to see something with different color options. Is that something you're planning to do?

I watched one of your videos showing how you could set custom forum icons. Is that function included in the framework?

Miko, I don't know how it works but can the framework used & does it function with other styles ?

No, sorry.
It's not a plugin, it powers our skins but it can be used to create new styles or modifying the default xenforo style.

No, sorry.
It's not a plugin, it powers our skins but it can be used to create new styles or modifying the default xenforo style.
Hopefully you guys get some new styles I may be more interested in, because using that framework might make my job easier when I go back to modify portions of my style for my site.

Though I assume I have to start over with a new style if I'm using the framework?

Hopefully you guys get some new styles I may be more interested in, because using that framework might make my job easier when I go back to modify portions of my style for my site.

Though I assume I have to start over with a new style if I'm using the framework?

We are both currently working on some light themes and we will post any updates regarding those :)

Regarding the framework, if I understand your question correctly it should not be an issue.
1. When you install any of our skins the Framework (XenoMorph) skin is the core skin, meaning it needs to be imported as having no parent style.
2. When you import "any" of our skins (current or future skins) those are set to be a child of our XenoMorph skin. For example if you were to buy multiple skins you would do the initial import of the framework (XenoMorph) file / then the actual custom skin(s)/designs are imported as a child of that core framework file. So each additional skin is simply imported as a child again without the need to install a second instance of the framework.
3. By doing this if you modify anything globally you would use the actual XenoMorph templates/files and "all" installed skins will then pick up those changes.
4. The only time you actually need to modify the actual custom child skin would be for color changes, graphical changes, etc. specific to that particular skin.
5. Lets say a month down the road we release a new skin and you have already made changes to the core framework XenoMorph skin you would import your new skin and all of those global changes will be picked up automatically since you would install the new skin as a child of the framework.

It took a while to get this entire scheme set up because we wanted to come up with a scheme that allowed you to make changes to the framework file that would be automatically adopted by all skins, regardless of how many you have. It should also ease the updating process for you and for us when forum updates are released.

Hope that helps :)

Top Bottom