• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Themesinc.com - New Styles now available!

Decent skins. But the prices are a huge turn off. Especially in a world where skins usually are at least half that price for the same if not better quality.

I have bought a skin from these guys and I have to say my opinion is the exact opposite of yours. I find their pricing low compared to the options and features these skins have.

When comparing these skins to others, one must look at the framework behind them that makes them unique and worth every penny.

Of course, this is my opinion... :)

Jamie

Decent skins. But the prices are a huge turn off. Especially in a world where skins usually are at least half that price for the same if not better quality.
These guys spent countless hours/days developing a unique framework off the Xenforo forum software. Unless you've tested one of these skins, you really don't know what you're talking about, sorry. :)

These guys spent countless hours/days developing a unique framework off the Xenforo forum software. Unless you've tested one of these skins, you really don't know what you're talking about, sorry. :)

I don't look at it from a developers point of view like some of you are. I look at it from the members point of view. If the skin works with any add-ons that are added, doesn't break at the drop of a hat, runs smooth and fluid and doesn't kill the server, and looks good and serves its purpose...most members do not care about the behind the scenes stuff or what makes it tick. A person can drop $100 on a skin, and most members wouldn't know the difference between a $100 skin and a $20 skin beyond maybe a few fancy graphics or a few little template tricks.

At the end of the day members don't really care about the specifics of a skin. All they care about is primarily what I said above. That it works. And from my stand point as long as it serves its purpose, that is all that matters. I don't care about the framework. I just want it to work. And so do the members. It's not about the framework, it's about what works for the community. And if a $20 skin accomplishes the same thing a $45 skin does, then so be it.

And from my experience I have found their skins to be a bit slower than others. Either that or they are on a slower server.

@whitetigergrowl
no one force you to buy the skins.
I like them, and with all the features behind the scene, they will save me a lot of time.
And I think there will be a lot of features in future versions of the framework.

I´m hoping they will not sell much of these, because then my website then is one of the few not using all the 20$ or standard themes with you can see around every corner. ;)

Thank you everyone for the nice comments :)

I will try to answer a few of your questions....

Was gonna ask, if this affects addons, like 8wayruns events, portal etc
Has anyone tested it with Jaxels addons?

They have said they will look at supporting some of Jaxels mods but not "out of the box"

Currently I have tested xenFracture with [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) and provide extra CSS in the Customers Forums to make it look right with the skin. :)

I'm sure Pank, will soon offer some extra CSS goodies for Resurgent.

Nice work, they look very well done. You have any light ones in the works?

Yes they are in the works :)
We decided to make two fairly dark skin to start with simply because we both wanted to learn the inside and outs of XenForo style system, and making a dark skin is the best way to do that :)

Looks great Miko! This will be the style I have when I go live. Do you set a default color scheme or is it set the dark grey?

No you can't set a default color but you can change almost everything with style properties.

In case you haven't noticed, there is a typo in the Resurgent style, right above the Sign Up button.

Thank you, Fixed!

Hi there just bought the xenfracture love it ;)could i ask for a logo to be made for my site Ps3 Modderz

Pank, took care of that in the Support forums ;)

Really liking some of the framework features such as the sidebar toggle and category collapse.

Now if only that was available as an add-on :whistle:

A category collapse add-on it's already available here on XenForo.com

The collapse running on the skins are heavily integrated with the framework and style properties that would be a nightmare to port them as addons, sorry :(

.... At the end of the day members don't really care about the specifics of a skin. All they care about is primarily what I said above. That it works. And from my stand point as long as it serves its purpose, that is all that matters. I don't care about the framework. I just want it to work. And so do the members. It's not about the framework, it's about what works for the community. And if a $20 skin accomplishes the same thing a $45 skin does, then so be it.

And from my experience I have found their skins to be a bit slower than others. Either that or they are on a slower server.

Understand your view and respect it.
I believe that our work is worth the price that we are asking, we have spent countless hours on it and intend to fully support it.

Regarding the speed of the framework:

Everything within the framework can be turned on and off.
Like in any website the more javascript, images you add the more the browser will have to load.
Want to have faster loading skin, simply turn a few feature off :)
Everything has been optimised to that no extra resources are loaded if something it's turned off.

Take care,
-Miko

Amazing styles but price is high. I personally wouldn't pay more than 30$ (unless it's custom made for my site) for one style but I would buy more than one if the price was lower.

I have a question for you miko if you could be so kind to answer. How long did it take you to build code the sidebar toggle feature?

Thanks for your time.

Amazing styles but price is high. I personally wouldn't pay more than 30$ (unless it's custom made for my site) for one style but I would buy more than one if the price was lower.
You'd be paying well over $200 for a custom style for your site.

I have had this conversation with my contemporaries in this business (including Miko) and it's a double-edged sword. Most have no idea the time and labor involved to produce a good quality skin (never mind the amount of time and effort Miko put in developing his framework), support it and keep it upgraded. The profit margin is slim to none even selling at $45 a pop. It isn't worth doing stock skins if you are going to give them away for $15 - $30 each. Having said all that, I think Miko and Bob have under-priced these skins for what you are getting with them. I think they are probably worth twice that but they would never sell them at that price. I hope they do huge sales numbers! :)

I don't think many people realize that most designers/programmer charge more than $45 a hour for their work. Considering the amount of time that goes into designing any skin, be it free or paid (Not even including their framework), $45 is a steal in comparison to what they could have charged.

You can't get a custom made skin of similar quality to what you're getting here for under $100. I've looked around for a custom IPB skin for my bigger forum and the lowest offer I got was $350. In the end I was lucky enough to have one of my members take on the task. You'll get your worth for the $45. It's not just behind the scene stuff, it's tools for you, the administrator to customize it to your liking even more after your purchase. Like I said at first, I was discouraged by the price but then I looked at the demo of the framework and I knew instantly that it was worth every penny. There's also a coupon code that will give you a 10% discount on the themesinc forum. Get it while you can.

I cant recommend them enough - Miko and Pank have been excellent to deal with and the skin is fantastic - looking forward to a light version of xenfracture too :)

You'd be paying well over $200 for a custom style for your site.

Try thousands for a decent one.

These look great and very eager to see the light ones. From the demos they look well worth the price.

Only slight worry is as someone said above, the demos do seem to be slightly slow to load. Not sure if that's a server issue or a performance issue with the framework...?

Try thousands for a decent one.

These look great and very eager to see the light ones. From the demos they look well worth the price.

Only slight worry is as someone said above, the demos do seem to be slightly slow to load. Not sure if that's a server issue or a performance issue with the framework...?
Even the default xF skin is a tad slow on the themesinc forum. I'm pretty sure it's more likely to be server side than a problem with the framework.

Top Bottom