1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theme style creation

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Vectra, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Vectra

Vectra New Member

Hello everyone,

I am interessed in integrating XenForo forum solution in my current WordPress website.

It's a shame there is no free days we can test XenForo forum, to see if XenForo is good for us.

So, my question is : I want XenForo to have the same style as my current website. In first, I want both forum and site to have the same header and the same footer : how can I do this ? I have WordPress template, in TWIG format, in many files : base.twig, header.twig, core.twig. footer.twig... My current worflow is compatible with XenForo ? I don't know how to tell XenForo template to include header.twig, footer.twig, etc. which have there own dependancies... If someone has a solution, I will be happy to hear him :)

Thank you !
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is an online demo but you can't download and install it on your own server to test.

Styling to match other parts of your site is possible, many people use a combination of WordPress and XenForo with a uniform style throughout.
  3. wang

wang Well-Known Member

That would be no problem. You can have your site and forum to have the same haeder and footer. It will require custom developement though.
  4. Vectra

Vectra New Member

Sure it is possible ? There are tutoriels or topics which explain how to do this ?
  5. Vectra

Vectra New Member

Thanks for your replies !

Another question : can we create custom actions that extend Xenforo actions ? An exemple : when a user respond to another user in a topic, I would like to catch this action and write my own code to do something on my WordPress website. Is it possible ?
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that would be possible if you are proficient with PHP.