Can someone design me a theme/style

Aquarist

Hi,

I am hoping one of you can help me out. I have a website for aquarists and i have just setup a sub-domain and installed a fresh copy of XenForo 2.0.7 but I am planing on having a landing page on my domain which give people the choice of visiting the forum or the listing site i have. The problem i have is the I would like the forum to be under the sub-domain called community.domain.com but i am after 4 areas/sections and i am not sure if this can be done or not.

each forum would need to use it's own media/resources/categories so if i wanted to i could have one for ponds, freshwater, tropical, marine

can this be done? i have seen this feature already with XenForo 1 with an add-on

the theme would also need to be aimed at each topic

i hope this all makes sense and i shall await your reply

many thanks for your time

Thanks for the heads up, i have already contacted pixelexit and just contacted themehouse so i am hoping to hear back shortly.

again many thanks

OUCH! i have just been informed by one of them that they would charge around a grand, i was hoping for way cheaper than that as i could just buy a load of styles for $25 to $35 each so i was trying to keep it down to the low hundreds. They may be awesome and worth it but it is just way out of my range.

Lets hope the other can improve on this quote

Last edited:
yeah i'm getting that feeling, i don't want to sell the house to get one though :(
Sorry, but you can't expect people to work on a custom thing solely for you for the same price of a normal theme.
Most people can't afford bespoke styles, which are by nature much more expensive than normal styles published for the mass. So most users select a theme which is available publicly and make small changes to them. It is good enough to have a unique representation of a site.
But if you want to stand out more, then you have to rent the time of the developer which is not cheap.

Sorry, but you can't expect people to work on a custom thing solely for you for the same price of a normal theme.
Most people can't afford bespoke styles, which are by nature much more expensive than normal styles published for the mass. So most users select a theme which is available publicly and make small changes to them. It is good enough to have a unique representation of a site.
But if you want to stand out more, then you have to rent the time of the developer which is not cheap.

i completely agree which is why i wanted someone not to redesign the wheel but to tweak it instead. I dont mind if i work with the boy on the ground rather than a company either, everyone knows thats companies cost more and pay their staff less thats business but i could go direct in needed. there are plenty of sites for freelancers out there and with the templates already around i was trying to get it done at a fair/cheap price. I've worked in IT for over 25 years but i am not a developer but i do know how much they get paid and where they find work. this is also why i have adverts for freelancers out there too.

The problem i have is the I would like the forum to be under the sub-domain called community.domain.com but i am after 4 areas/sections and i am not sure if this can be done or not.

each forum would need to use it's own media/resources/categories so if i wanted to i could have one for ponds, freshwater, tropical, marine
Do you have 4 forums with a XF license for every forum or just one license?

i dont want to have 4 forums i want to have 1 forum with 4 sections which can be styled. otherwise each one would need a new lic and a sub-domain when there is no point

Do you want to make 4 section each section has a different layout (colors - background) as an example?
what's your vision about the theme? I'm trying to know If I can help within your budget

Hi everyone,

ok, i have been playing around with the cat's for the forum and i have now picked them, you can see here: https://community.aquarist.com

I also have a listing site here: https://aquarist.com which i shall be moving to https://listing.aquarist.com

my plan is to have a landing page on https://aquarist.com so people can choose to select the forum or listing site.

The problem i have is as follows:-

I would like to use the attached pic for the 4 main cat's for the forum sections on the landing page, so that when someone goto https://aquarist.com they can click on one of the four sections and it will take them there.

Right now all four sections are on the same page and i would like them to be on separate pages with the same color scheme as the attached pics.

can anyone help me move the categories to their own pages and create a color scheme for it, so when people click on forums they can select one of the four pics just like they would if they were on the landing page.

thanks for your time and with any luck this made sense.

all the best

Attachments

• community_header.webp
    community_header.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 3
Has anyone had any work done from any of these?

Fiverr

Thinking of using one of them if no one can help me on here

Thanks, i would like to get a quote for him now that i explained a bit better because the last quote was just crazy.

There's absolutely no way a reputable designer will compete with any sort of pricing on Fiver, first listing I clicked was a custom style for $15 :sick:, if you think you're getting a "custom style" for $15 well you're simply not.

My initial quote was a full custom style, it's not just changing a few colors around on a pre-made style, it's creating something custom for your site that's special and unique just for you. That's not to mention the free updates + support I provide as well, this all takes time which is why I price things the way I do. If I charged $15 for custom styles I don't think I would still be on XenForo going on 8 years :D

I emailed you that we also do hourly work on our pre-made styles but didn't hear back. Shoot me another email if you want to discuss things further.

There's absolutely no way a reputable designer will compete with any sort of pricing on Fiver, first listing I clicked was a custom style for $15 :sick:, if you think you're getting a "custom style" for $15 well you're simply not.

My initial quote was a full custom style, it's not just changing a few colors around on a pre-made style, it's creating something custom for your site that's special and unique just for you. That's not to mention the free updates + support I provide as well, this all takes time which is why I price things the way I do. If I charged $15 for custom styles I don't think I would still be on XenForo going on 8 years :D

I emailed you that we also do hourly work on our pre-made styles but didn't hear back. Shoot me another email if you want to discuss things further.

Hiya, i understand that was for a full custom job and i'm sorry if i didnt make myself clear to start with, i am only just trying to get everything working and i'm just a simple chap with a simple wage so i need to be saving whatever i can.

i'd love to have loads of custom work done on it but it just isnt going to happen right now, so i am trying to just have diferent colors for the dif categories really.

please feel free to let me know how old you think this would take, if i can afford it then great, i see your well know and respected on here and i would love to hire you not just for this but when the site takes off with any luck

Top Bottom