The Rugby Thread ...

Jethro

Okay any site with Kiwis or Aussies must have a rugby thread, it's a requirement. If you want to talk loig, wendy-ball, or any of the other lesser sports then please start your own thread.

Kicking off here

All Black victims for the 2o1o EOYT, and demonstrates Xen's cool copy and paste kids.

30 Oct All Blacks v Australia Hong Kong
07 Nov All Blacks v England London
14 Nov All Blacks v Scotland Edinburgh
21 Nov All Blacks v Ireland Dublin
28 Nov All Blacks v Wales Cardiff

somewhere for you Ra Ra boys to chat I guess.

Sorry to say i can't really contribute much - since the last time I was interested in the Wallabies was back in the John Eales days

_39336618_john_eales144.jpg

there hasn't been a lot to erm... hold my interest in the days that have followed :p

We'll have no sheilas on this thread simply for the perve factor thank you very much, you all could start a thread about knitting or something ....

Yes, we'll win everything this year, the few games we're playing next year and then choke at the RWC as per usual ... not that I'm a pessimist or anything ;)

Quite correct CFodder somehow we'll conspire to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory there. Mocker gods appeased there.

Currently have my fingers crossed that the Cartel pick Freaun and SBW from the Evil Empire to unleash on the Aussies in Hong Kong. Magpie supporter btw, and yes our season is oh so very sucky this year :(

True, they're not doing so well. But I gotta say it's great seeing Southland doing so bloody well ... shows, despite what some have said, that the Ranfurly shield ISN'T irrelevant in this day and age.

I'm a Lions, and basically anyone that plays Auckland or the Axis of Evil, supporter ... is just as depressing for me too.

Good win posted by Southland over the JAFAs on thursday, picked them but Auckland had a +3.5 start ... grrrr!!!!!!

Support the Hurricanes btw, now there's a roller coaster ride for fans.

Think Wellington are up 20-13 over the Evil empire at the moment, still first half, could be the other way round.

Ahhhhh my coverage conked out with 5 minutes remaining and Wellington on the attack!!!!!! Excellent game though both teams were making more mistakes than Wales could put together in a half.

Turner fastest in Australia

Sydney - Lachie Turner took advice from Usain Bolt to heart and secured bragging rights for rugby union by winning a 100m sprint against speedsters from rival codes to decide the 'fastest man' in Australian football.

The Australia wing came from behind to edge out fellow rugby union player and Eastwood club team-mate John Grant, with rugby league's Jarryd Hayne placing third in the race at Sydney's Olympic Park Athletic Centre on Wednesday night.

The competitors had all been given sprint tips from touring world and Olympic champion Usain Bolt before the race.

"It was a bit of a surprise win," Turner told Thursday's local media. "I thought both Jarryd and John had me about the 60m mark, but I'm just happy to have got to the line first.

"I almost fell over and tried to kill myself trying to get there. I hit the guy next to me, but it turned out all good."

Turner said he had taken one of Bolt's pearls of wisdom to heart.

"One that really helped me was he said: don't look at the guys around you, just keep going and stay relaxed as you get over that line.'"

The win capped off a good week for Turner, who was recalled to the Wallabies' starting 15 after being left out in the cold for a year. He turned in a solid performance in their 23-22 loss to the All Blacks in Sydney on Saturday.

Turner left an A-league soccer player and clutch of rugby league players in his wake to pick up a winner's prize of A$20 000 with a time of 11.10 seconds.

Greg Inglis from National Rugby League club Melbourne Storm finished last in the eight-man field with a comparatively sluggish 12.48.

Two players representing Australian Rules football were late scratches from the race due to a sponsorship clash between the league and the race's organisers.

Sorry no source as got sent the item.

Source : http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Turner-fastest-in-Australia-20100916

Top Bottom