1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rugby Thread ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jethro, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Okay any site with Kiwis or Aussies must have a rugby thread, it's a requirement. If you want to talk loig, wendy-ball, or any of the other lesser sports then please start your own thread.

Kicking off here

All Black victims for the 2o1o EOYT, and demonstrates Xen's cool copy and paste kids.

30 Oct All Blacks v Australia Hong Kong
    07 Nov All Blacks v England London
    14 Nov All Blacks v Scotland Edinburgh
    21 Nov All Blacks v Ireland Dublin
    28 Nov All Blacks v Wales Cardiff

2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

somewhere for you Ra Ra boys to chat I guess.

Sorry to say i can't really contribute much - since the last time I was interested in the Wallabies was back in the John Eales days

[​IMG]

there hasn't been a lot to erm... hold my interest in the days that have followed :p

3. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

We'll have no sheilas on this thread simply for the perve factor thank you very much, you all could start a thread about knitting or something ....

Moses likes this.
  4. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Yes, we'll win everything this year, the few games we're playing next year and then choke at the RWC as per usual ... not that I'm a pessimist or anything ;)

Moses likes this.
  5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Quite correct CFodder somehow we'll conspire to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory there. Mocker gods appeased there.

Currently have my fingers crossed that the Cartel pick Freaun and SBW from the Evil Empire to unleash on the Aussies in Hong Kong. Magpie supporter btw, and yes our season is oh so very sucky this year :(

6. CFodder

True, they're not doing so well. But I gotta say it's great seeing Southland doing so bloody well ... shows, despite what some have said, that the Ranfurly shield ISN'T irrelevant in this day and age.

I'm a Lions, and basically anyone that plays Auckland or the Axis of Evil, supporter ... is just as depressing for me too.

7. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Good win posted by Southland over the JAFAs on thursday, picked them but Auckland had a +3.5 start ... grrrr!!!!!!

Support the Hurricanes btw, now there's a roller coaster ride for fans.

8. CFodder

Yes, consistency isn't a term widely used in the rugby arena around the capital lol

9. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Think Wellington are up 20-13 over the Evil empire at the moment, still first half, could be the other way round.

10. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Lions 20-13 at the half.

11. CFodder

And another outstanding Wgtn loss!

12. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh my coverage conked out with 5 minutes remaining and Wellington on the attack!!!!!! Excellent game though both teams were making more mistakes than Wales could put together in a half.

13. CFodder

Impossible, some points were actually scored :p

Jethro likes this.
  14. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Sorry no source as got sent the item.

Source : http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Turner-fastest-in-Australia-20100916

15. CFodder

Just means he'll be able to get off the field quicker after another embarrasing loss :)

16. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Woo hoo Hawke's Bay 32 - 24 Taranaki ... so win two of the season :)

17. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I don't know how to play rugby :(

18. CFodder

Niiice.

19. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Don't worry neither does the whole of Australia and we don't hold it against them ;) Dang this is going to come back to bite me if they win the next test....

Dragonfly likes this.
  20. CFodder

That be a big IF there :)