The Rugby Thread ...

Don't worry neither does the whole of Australia and we don't hold it against them ;) Dang this is going to come back to bite me if they win the next test....

roflmao.gif

Hey.. wait a minute....

cops.gif

Yes, we'll win everything this year, the few games we're playing next year and then choke at the RWC as per usual ... not that I'm a pessimist or anything ;)
Hope so, and hopefully we wont need the boot of a certain ex-Falcon to help us bring the RWC back to the northern hemisphere :p

Hope so, and hopefully we wont need the boot of a certain ex-Falcon to help us bring the RWC back to the northern hemisphere :p

Oh dear god in heaven we are not talking the return of .....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry to any Aussies reading I know that one still causes nightmares, just like the sight of a French jersey does for kiwis :(

Commonwealth Games Sevens Pools - 11 + 12 October, North Campus Delhi University

Pool A

New Zealand
Scotland
Canada
Gyana

Pool B

South Africa
Wales
Tonga
India

Pool C

Samoa
Kenya
Uganda
Papua New Guinea

Pool D

England
Australia
Namibia
Sri Lanka

League is the real sport...

See I'm not going to respond to that blatant trawling effort, even though New Zealand are current world champions, you are going to have to lift you game dude ;)

For those who haven't been exposed to the game they play in heaven, Fijian sevens master Serevi

Wasn't trolling at all. Just letting you know. :)

I play Rugby, but League is where my heart lies.

Who ya supporting in the Grand Final this coming weekend? Was going for the Tigers but their season came to end over the weekend and really no interest in either the Dragons or Easts :(

I'm the same as you. I'm a Knights supporter, but I hate both the Roosters and the Dragons. My teams (in order of preference for the finals) were Warriors, Raiders, Panthers, Titans and then Tigers. Every single one of those teams got knocked out, pretty much in that order.

I think i'm unlucky...

I'm the same as you. I'm a Knights supporter, but I hate both the Roosters and the Dragons. My teams (in order of preference for the finals) were Warriors, Raiders, Panthers, Titans and then Tigers. Every single one of those teams got knocked out, pretty much in that order.

I think i'm unlucky...

LOL naturally a Warriors supporter but have my fingers crossed for the Central Coast Bears getting up and running in 2013, even with the worse logo in the entire NRL :)

And the Saturday evening Rugger wrap.

NRL Grand Final - The Roosters v The Dragons

Early support here on the Bogan coast was firmly behind the Roosters though am noting some Dragon's kit appearing through Saturday morning. Your bogan doesn't understand the "tribalism" thing and waits to see who is in the final before rushing out and buying their preferred team's kit. Roosters seem to be getting the loving due to it being a "fairy tale" or something.

Sydney Club Grandfinal

The Students made it six straight, yarn, with a 46-6 demolition of Randwick (yeah!!!!!). Well that was one sided, who cares, can we have different teams in next year's grand final please.

ITM Cup

Across the ditch things are hotting up in the ITM with a flood of All Black players heading back to their Provincial sides. The Lions were absolute pants against Hori Bop and managed to drop a game they should have walked in going down 31-24 in the process. Something is so very wrong in the Wellington camp. Meanwhile up in Auckland the Magpies almost pulled off another upset but had to settle for a 34-34 draw at Casa del Jafa. Late surge by the Magpies but have they left their run to late? The Evil Empire continued their winning ways with a 35-20 win over the hapless Otago in the southern derby, and finally Waikato notched a 45-33 win over the Taniwha. Now that's going to make the table even more confusing with three rounds and a couple of games remaining.

Currently the Naki are 20-6 over the Stags, yeap that's the score.

Note to self - need to watch the Commonwealth Sevens. It always is a turn up for the books, I mean didn't NZ win last time??

Watched the Lions game and something is wrong with the team. Wouldn't surprise me if the Lions are in the market for a new coach next season.

I think I picked up on Casa del Jafa from the alternative rugby commentary blokes, those guys crack me up ...

*** Warning a number of f-bombs going down ***

Note to self - need to watch the Commonwealth Sevens. It always is a turn up for the books, I mean didn't NZ win last time??

The last three in fact :) New Zealand have been brought back to the pack in the last couple of years however. Wales surprisingly are World Sevens Champions ... how the hell did that happen!

Welcome to the Rugby thread, no sheilas or wendy-ball players allowed!

Yeah, Wales? Nothing bad about Wales from me, I'm going there soon :) In the real world (and this will cut) when did NZ win the RWC? Was it just the once was it?

Yeah, Wales? Nothing bad about Wales from me, I'm going there soon :) In the real world (and this will cut) when did NZ win the RWC? Was it just the once was it?

Oh, oh, that just hurts <staggers around with knife in heart> ... gotta hate the truth ;)

We don't discuss the world cup :( In 1987 ..... gosh it's been a while.

Next year is another chance. As always the usual suspects look like contenders - NZ are really looking good, but they usually do ;) Plenty of rugby before that though.

Top Bottom