1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Political Musician

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Gordon Hermann, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Gordon Hermann

Gordon Hermann New Member

http://www.thepoliticalmusician.com/index.php

This is a new venture for me but I figured that I would try a forum that allowed musicians to discuss the topics that are usually forbidden on most guitar forums (including a decently large vBulletin forum that I also Admin). I'm hoping to invite more than Guitarists to the conversation which is why this is not "The Political Guitarist".

Any advice is welcome - its a fairly basic install at the moment but I'm amazed at how much better everything works than the vBulletin 4.2 site I also work on.

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

First thought that comes to mind is probably to advise in getting style or custom style added to give your forum a personal and somewhat custom feel to it. Not much more to add other than i think your forum needs a style. :)

MsJacquiiC likes this.
  3. Gordon Hermann

Thanks! I have a paid skin that I picked out but haven't gotten around to buying it yet..kinda wanted to play with the default look a little bit.

4. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

I agree with Shelley - there's nothing to critique. You have an out-of-box Xenforo install. The only modification I can see that you've done is to add adsense ads in the header and footer.

I'd advise similar: Give your forum an identity. You need images and a style that will represent "the political musician" -- A custom logo and status icons on the main page would be a great start. There are a lot of free styles and some really nice premade styles shared at http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/styles.29/ - check 'em out.

HTH = Good luck with your forum ;)

J.

5. Gordon Hermann

I'm not so great with graphics but I'll check out the styles in that link...I have a friend who might be able to make me a better logo...