As designed The link to the message displays the wrong content

Because link to post is just redirect to another URL like /threads/1/page-X#post-123456
XF grabs information for displaying in unfurled object from meta-tags, where text - first post on page with linked post.

I'm not actually 100% sure what you're reporting here.

The link in your post does point to the post you are linking to.

I think @xBt is specifically referring to unfurled urls - the unfurled url snippet for a specific post is derived from the first post of the same thread (as Kruzya has mentioned). Which is how this feature is described in the HYS thread (doesn't sound like a bug):
we will "unfurl" it to a richer preview which includes the page title, metadata logo, description and favicon

For the example that they've linked, the unfurled snippet is from Lukas W's post (#1 in thread) but their link actually points to Chris D's (#2 in thread).

Last edited:
Web server doesn't receive URI content after hashtag (named as "fragment"), so XF can't detect, what post will be showed browser after redirect, for .
You request /threads/1#post-123456, but web-server receives only /threads/1. This is not bug.

You can use another link: /posts/123456/show, but current it implemented without metadata adding. You can add him through Template Modification.
URL example on your post: https://xenforo.com/community/posts/1366861/show
And note. This URL returns only requested post. Without another posts in same thread.

You can use another link: /posts/123456/show, but current it implemented without metadata adding.
wow. what is this url used for? preview on hover? i remember vb having links for individual posts that only had that post's content. this is similar to that. but i have never seen it linked from the forum interface.

Top Bottom