The Laughingbird Software Forum

The forum looks fun and inviting. I really like the logo. I have seen tons of support forums for top notch software companies that fail in comparison to this one. Nice job mate.

My only criticism is the amount of white space under each post due to the size of the user sidebar.

Thanks Matt.
I'm actually working on the size of the sidebar. Still trying to figure out all the CSS to modify :D

The forum looks fun and inviting. I really like the logo. I have seen tons of support forums for top notch software companies that fail in comparison to this one. Nice job mate.

Thanks for the nice compliment John!
I really appreciated that. :D

Font-size for me is too large in certain areas, such as Category node titles and Tab heading text, sidebar, latest box and other areas. Nice looking theme, but would take a closer look at the font-size being used as a whole because it looks out of proportion in most areas. Sort that out and it will look 50 times better, it's already a good looking theme design wise.

Font-size for me is too large in certain areas, such as Category node titles and Tab heading text, sidebar, latest box and other areas. Nice looking theme, but would take a closer look at the font-size being used as a whole because it looks out of proportion in most areas.

I'd remove the underline from the links. Otherwise, sweet design. really love it ;)

MrGTB and dojo;
Great comments. Thanks for posting. I'll go take a look on another computer. I'm a Mac guy and fonts tend to look smaller on a Mac than they do in Windows.

Marc

This is how I see it in FF, see what I mean about font-size right away if your seeing a smaller text-size using with a Mac. Not sure if that's any different from what you see?

demo.webp

This is how I see it in FF, see what I mean about font-size right away if your seeing a smaller text-size using with a Mac. Not sure if that's any different from what you see?

View attachment 27985
Looks to be using 14pt for it, and it does look too big in both Firefox and Chrome, especially for such a narrow theme. Maybe the MAC doesn't have that font installed, and is using something different?

Code:
.primaryContent a {
    color: #424242;
    font-size: 14px;
}
Also noticed the sectionheaders is breaking out on the right hand side
header.webp

I remember doing work for you way back in the day when I owned vbskinworks.com - nice to see you again and best of luck with your move to XF, looks very inviting! :)

I remember doing work for you way back in the day when I owned vbskinworks.com - nice to see you again and best of luck with your move to XF, looks very inviting! :)

hey John!
Nice to hear from you again - it's been a long time!! -- Funny, I've been to your XenStyles site quite a bit while looking for new skins - you're popular! Way to go :)

Top Bottom