1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Laughingbird Software Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Marc Sylvester, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Hi everybody -
    I'm new to Xenforo (a previous vBulletin user).

I love XF.
    I'm finding new things to do with it everyday.

What do you think of the unique look and feel to my Laughingbird Software forum?
    Neal and Walter like this.
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

My only criticism is the amount of white space under each post due to the size of the user sidebar.
    Marc Sylvester likes this.
  3. JohnMEY

JohnMEY New Member

The forum looks fun and inviting. I really like the logo. I have seen tons of support forums for top notch software companies that fail in comparison to this one. Nice job mate.

4. Thanks Matt.
    I'm actually working on the size of the sidebar. Still trying to figure out all the CSS to modify :D

Thanks for the nice compliment John!
    I really appreciated that. :D
  5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Congrats Marc.

A friend of mine sold through you awhile back (Avatar Creator). Lookin' good :)
  6. dojo

dojo Active Member

I'd remove the underline from the links. Otherwise, sweet design. really love it ;)
  7. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Font-size for me is too large in certain areas, such as Category node titles and Tab heading text, sidebar, latest box and other areas. Nice looking theme, but would take a closer look at the font-size being used as a whole because it looks out of proportion in most areas. Sort that out and it will look 50 times better, it's already a good looking theme design wise.
  8. Thanks Arny!
    ... are you speaking about Chris? - He was great :)
  9. MrGTB and dojo;
    Great comments. Thanks for posting. I'll go take a look on another computer. I'm a Mac guy and fonts tend to look smaller on a Mac than they do in Windows.

10. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

This is how I see it in FF, see what I mean about font-size right away if your seeing a smaller text-size using with a Mac. Not sure if that's any different from what you see?

11. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Looks to be using 14pt for it, and it does look too big in both Firefox and Chrome, especially for such a narrow theme. Maybe the MAC doesn't have that font installed, and is using something different?

.primaryContent a {
        color: #424242;
        font-size: 14px;
    Also noticed the sectionheaders is breaking out on the right hand side
  12. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Yup, Chris is a good guy :)
  13. woodward82

woodward82 Member

Have used your first logo software. Great by the way . Just registered and nice forum. Good to see you here by the way and on the xenforo platform
  14. Hi Woodward!
    Thanks for comment :) nice to see you here
  15. John

John Well-Known Member

I remember doing work for you way back in the day when I owned vbskinworks.com - nice to see you again and best of luck with your move to XF, looks very inviting! :)
  16. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

17. hey John!
    Nice to hear from you again - it's been a long time!! -- Funny, I've been to your XenStyles site quite a bit while looking for new skins - you're popular! Way to go :)
    John likes this.
  18. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Your forum looks awesome! (y)
  19. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

For obvious reasons I prefer "Double D"s over DDs.
    As far as shortforms / nicknames, I could care less. :p
    tafreehm likes this.