Not planned Implement an importer system within forum software

Suzanne O

Would love to see the current import system get an upgrade where it's inside the xenforo software forum package.
Currently we have to download it from the site's support forum breadcrumbs and to add it on via our licenses.
Please look at implementing this.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The importer system itself is part of the software but the individual importers for each software are downloadable.

That’s done so if we ever need to update the importers it doesn’t need to wait for a full XF release to push those changes out.

The way you’re proposing is how we used to do it but for the reasons mentioned we’re not planning to go back and include them in the main software release.

The importer system itself is part of the software but the individual importers for each software are downloadable.

That’s done so if we ever need to update the importers it doesn’t need to wait for a full XF release to push those changes out.

The way you’re proposing is how we used to do it but for the reasons mentioned we’re not planning to go back and include them in the main software release.
Ok i understand this.
I was thinking along the lines of adding it in because of something i read on a rival software.
They have it so you can migrate to their software on the cloud.
All good though, but if you choose to in future let me know and i can show you.

Customers are able to migrate to our Cloud platform too, but we manage the service for them. Many more steps are needed aside from having the importers available. Files need to be transferred, databases need to be imported.

Customers are able to migrate to our Cloud platform too, but we manage the service for them. Many more steps are needed aside from having the importers available. Files need to be transferred, databases need to be imported.
I'm trying to make it easier for you so that you get all of the files, etc, you need, before the migration.
instead of sending everything via email.

The process works very well and is not difficult at all. Neither for us or the customer. We discuss the migration over email, which is certainly optimal to be able to cater and coordinate the migration specifically. To be clear, files and databases themselves are not transferred over email. Typically we rsync the files and database from old server to new server on behalf of the customer which saves a considerable amount of time and effort.

Top Bottom