The Ladies' Lounge

Yeah we are :p about 14 hours ahead of you Peggy.

My son is still sleeping, 10.48am teen boys, they do sleep a lot! That can be a blessing though
giggle.gif
at 14 the mood swings are sooo much fun :|
pppfffftttt.... my 10 yr old has mega mood swings, but that's part of his disorder too.

pppfffftttt.... my 10 yr old has mega mood swings, but that's part of his disorder too.

Going to be a fun ride ahead hun ;) mine is also quite naturally a moody little thing too, but the whole puberty thing has kicked it into overdrive.

Speaking of puberty, does anyone have girls? A friend of the family's little girl just got her first period at 9 1/2! :eek:

Our daughter just turned 8 and I'm thinking we're quitting all dairy and beef (or going strictly organic) to reduce the amount of hormones she's getting, but it may be too late already. :(

Speaking of puberty, does anyone have girls? A friend of the family's little girl just got her first period at 9 1/2! :eek:

Our daughter just turned 8 and I'm thinking we're quitting all dairy and beef (or going strictly organic) to reduce the amount of hormones she's getting, but it may be too late already. :(
Well, I'm hearing it's hitting earlier and earlier. Mine is 24 now, hers hit the day she started 6th grade. She was 11? if I remember correctly. That's also the day I sent in a sweet little angel, and got back some strange child. Not sure who she was...looked like mine but sure as heck didn't act that way. Stayed that way til about 2 years ago. She's almost back to normal again. 

Holy Schmoly :o

That might be somewhat genetic? I recall at school there was a girl that got hers very young, older than that though, but still at the time freaky young, however she was from a different ethnic background and it was quite common in her family.

I also read somewhere some research that seemed to indicate that the stronger a positive and healthy influence a girl's Father was in her life (ie if there was a very strong sense of security/Paternal love in the household) the later a girl will go through puberty. Likewise the more depressive the Mother was the quicker the onset, and having a Step father instead of biological Father can also greatly influence this.

Googling brought up this...

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1467-8624.00159/abstract

http://www.menstruation.com.au/contributors/withoutdad.html

Going Organic has it's own benefits anyway, so do it for all your health's sakes :) But James strikes me as a lovely man, and I am sure he is a great Dad, so I doubt any of those influences will play a part in your little girls life.

We do mostly organic and fresh, but we live in a very small town and provisions are sometimes not of the greatest variety. We don't do any fast food and we quit all processed foods, most wheat and everything and anything with HFCS about 3 1/2 years ago, so we're doing well in that respect. Just can't always get organic milk. Sigh...

And yes, thanks! James is a great man and a wonderful father.

Thanks for the links!

And even if environmental exposures are found to play a role, the association between excess weight gain and early onset of puberty is very strong, Biro said.

Well, that's one point in our favor - our daughter is very lean - always been at about median weight and a little tall for her age so childhood obesity is not going to be a factor. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

We do mostly organic and fresh, but we live in a very small town and provisions are sometimes not of the greatest variety. We don't do any fast food and we quit all processed foods, most wheat and everything and anything with HFCS about 3 1/2 years ago, so we're doing well in that respect. Just can't always get organic milk. Sigh...

And yes, thanks! James is a great man and a wonderful father.

Yeah I know it can be tough, we no longer live in the big city, and ironically getting good Organic food is a lot harder in the Country than the City :p

Shoooot.. just remembered the local organic Farmers Market is on today >_< Arghghgh it's already 1pm guess I have missed :( I hate these once a month markets ... actually many things that are monthly are a PITA :p

Yeah I know it can be tough, we no longer live in the big city, and ironically getting good Organic food is a lot harder in the Country than the City :p

Shoooot.. just remembered the local organic Farmers Market is on today >_< Arghghgh it's already 1pm guess I have missed :( I hate these once a month markets ... actually many things that are monthly are a PITA :p
Our local Farmer's Market is weekly. I hate that it's on a Sat morning cause I usually have other things going on then. As for the "other thing" you refer to, that is way behind me now. 

Jealous! :( I'm done with kids - I want to be done-done!
Susan, I'm 56...time for me to be done-done, plus I had a wee bit of surgical help along the way. They took the baby carrying part out. So I haven't had to worry about that issue for almost 20 years now.

My middle sister got hers at about age 8 or 9. She also developed very early, all of which ran in the females on her dads side of the family. I got mine in 7th grade, iirc. I think I was about 12 or 13?

I also didn't have my son till I was almost 40, which seems to have thrown me into "the change". I get 'the other' only about every 3 months or so now, thank the good Lord. Be glad when it quits altogether.

Enjoy your down time, Liz. I'm off to bed. Our AWOL plumber called this afternoon and we scheduled him for tomorrow morning, so we've got to get up early.

Okay, past time for me to head to bed. Heading to my daddy's tomorrow so I won't have as much computer time this weekend.

Enjoy your weekend Liz!

Well the kid hasn't let up about Halo Reach, aparently it is now a desert in the other Halo games, with no one to play with :| lol I seriously doubt this.. but what would I know :p

After hours of his nagging I have made a deal with him, he has to clean his disgusting bedroom up to a level that meets my approval and keep it that way for a week... then I will buy it for him..... next Friday :D

God I hate being up at this time of day! I'm waiting for a delivery and they said they would deliver between 7.30-9.30am and call me any time from 6 onwards so I've been up since 6am!

Top Bottom