The Ladies' Lounge

I'm trying to wrap my head around html5 and css3 ....

I made a decision awhile back that I would just go ahead and be retro. My official stance is that it's a deliberate style choice. Nothing at all to do with the fact that I don't want to learn a bunch of new code every six months or so. :D

P.S. thanks for the link :)

I made a decision awhile back that I would just go ahead and be retro. My official stance is that it's a deliberate style choice. Nothing at all to do with the fact that I don't want to learn a bunch of new code every six months or so. :D

P.S. thanks for the link :)
So how retro are you, html, xhtml?

And you are welcome.

One really cool thing I did discover yesterday in my wanderings thru a 50 links for css3 on Smashing Magazine was a neat way to handle image maps without having to slice them up and code them individually. Peggy, we need a coders forum.

I loved the recent Dr Who series, but I have seen them all.. *sigh*

I so love TV on DVD, no more missed episodes or the pressure of having to watch on this night at this time, I must admit to being a bit of a pig when I get a new season of something, just watch it endlessly until it is all done :p

So how retro are you, html, xhtml?

And you are welcome.

One really cool thing I did discover yesterday in my wanderings thru a 50 links for css3 on Smashing Magazine was a neat way to handle image maps without having to slice them up and code them individually. Peggy, we need a coders forum.
Yep we do. I mentioned it to Kier a couple of weeks ago.

I so love TV on DVD, no more missed episodes or the pressure of having to watch on this night at this time, I must admit to being a bit of a pig when I get a new season of something, just watch it endlessly until it is all done :p
eh the only 2 shows I watch faithfully (actually I'm addicted to) are Criminal Minds and General Hospital.
But there's a new show coming this fall that will air after Criminal Minds. Can't remember the name off-hand, but looks like one I'll have to add to my extremely short list.

(Really should have quoted, sorry for the non sequitur nature of this.)

How retro: I'm HTML with a dash of CSS, or CSS1 if that's already got extra digits hanging off the acronym. I'll stop using <B> on the day that the browsers stop supporting it, and not a minute sooner. Hell, maybe not even then.

eh the only 2 shows I watch faithfully (actually I'm addicted to) are Criminal Minds and General Hospital.
But there's a new show coming this fall that will air after Criminal Minds. Can't remember the name off-hand, but looks like one I'll have to add to my extremely short list.

I have never watched Criminal Minds, might have to check out a bit of it to see if I like it :D

(Really should have quoted, sorry for the non sequitur nature of this.)

How retro: I'm HTML with a dash of CSS, or CSS1 if that's already got extra digits hanging off the acronym. I'll stop using <B> on the day that the browsers stop supporting it, and not a minute sooner. Hell, maybe not even then.
Yep I'm mostly html as well. I know very very basic css, but that's about it.

Yeah, I already caught up on Torchwood so now it's a long wait for more of that. I never learn to pace myself.

And I'm outta here, have a good day ladies (and gentlemen, should they get bored with their blonde jokes and peek in) :)

I have never watched Criminal Minds, might have to check out a bit of it to see if I like it :D
It is an edge-of-your-seat crime drama about how a group of FBI profilers go about catch serial killers and the like. Awesome acting, and very much true-to-life.

I adore CSS myself, best books I ever bought were Sitepoint's Designing without Tables, and CSS guide.. way way back when.

IPB has always been very CSS driven too, so I have gotten very used to working with it for years now, it is awesome.. the only downside is the overuse of stupid tags like H2, H3 on 100 different areas.. what works here.. doesn't necessarily work over here. IPB v3.0 and 3.1 has a massive overuse of the H tags where new classes were actually needed.

But anyway.. it's Friday night, and I don't wanna talk CSS or work stuff :p So I bid you Adieu lovelies! off to seek some brain numbing salve in the form of the DVD land.

I adore CSS myself, best books I ever bought were Sitepoint's Designing without Tables, and CSS guide.. way way back when.

IPB has always been very CSS driven too, so I have gotten very used to working with it for years now, it is awesome.. the only downside is the overuse of stupid tags like H2, H3 on 100 different areas.. what works here.. doesn't necessarily work over here. IPB v3.0 and 3.1 has a massive overuse of the H tags where new classes were actually needed.

But anyway.. it's Friday night, and I don't wanna talk CSS or work stuff :p So I bid you Adieu lovelies! off to seek some brain numbing salve in the form of the DVD land.
Gnight Kim!

Goodnight Kim, Good Morning Ladies! It's 8:40am and I'm just waking up to the world.

Today has more fidgeting with the recalcitrant pantry cabinet we're building and hoping the plumber will call us back. How we went from being in charge of getting estimates and deciding who to hire 48 hours ago to praying someone would call us back, I do not know...

Must get children breakfast. It's another day in unschooling land!

Oh, and as for coding - I taught myself CSS and HTML and a little PHP, but beyond that I'm lost. I'm primarily right-brained and it hurts my head to do left-brained stuff, but I do it. It's funny to me that before we started our site, I didn't know a lick about computers and actually shied away from learning anything about it! Oh how things change...

Goodnight Kim, Good Morning Ladies! It's 8:40am and I'm just waking up to the world.

Today has more fidgeting with the recalcitrant pantry cabinet we're building and hoping the plumber will call us back. How we went from being in charge of getting estimates and deciding who to hire 48 hours ago to praying someone would call us back, I do not know...

You'll have to show us what you've done once you finish. I do hope you took before photos.  

Must get children breakfast. It's another day in unschooling land!
Oh, and as for coding - I taught myself CSS and HTML and a little PHP, but beyond that I'm lost. I'm primarily right-brained and it hurts my head to do left-brained stuff, but I do it. It's funny to me that before we started our site, I didn't know a lick about computers and actually shied away from learning anything about it! Oh how things change...

When I met my husband, the only thing I knew about computers was how to turn one on and get email.

Now I can build one, have taught myself html, xhtml (or enough to be dangerous), php (also enough to be dangerous), and enough linux, mysql and apache that I ran my own server in our back bedroom for almost a year about 5-6 years ago. But if you had told me 15 years ago that I would be ddoing all this now, I would have given you the RCA dog look like you were crazy in the head. 

When I met my husband, the only thing I knew about computers was how to turn one on and get email.

Now I can build one, have taught myself html, xhtml (or enough to be dangerous), php (also enough to be dangerous), and enough linux, mysql and apache that I ran my own server in our back bedroom for almost a year about 5-6 years ago. But if you had told me 15 years ago that I would be ddoing all this now, I would have given you the RCA dog look like you were crazy in the head.
Wow I know what you mean. 15 yrs ago I bought my first computer and had to look for the power button, lol. Mouse? Where the trap!!!! Mouse pad? Y'mean they have a house too?!?!? :eek:

Well, no I wasn 't all that computer literate...... I did know where the power button was. Now I can install video and audio cards, memory sticks, hard drives, etc.
I didn't know the first thing about html either... didn't even know where to find < on my keyboard. But I taught myself html with the help of an html editor, and self taught the rest of it. What CSS I know, and it ain't much, I've picked up here and there. Mostly from the css errors on the validation thingamajigee.

I'm so far behind the times it's pathetic. But people loved my styles anyway. My Themes by Design business was hopping with custom requests. I'm almost sorry now that I sold it.
*sigh*

But people loved my styles anyway. My Themes by Design business was hopping with custom requests. I'm almost sorry now that I sold it.
*sigh*
We all loved your styles...but you can always create a new store if you so desire. And at the time you sold it, you didn't have a crystal ball as to what was going to happen. And with vb 4 coming out, you really had no option. I mean look at what John & Miko did.  

Top Bottom