1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ladies' Lounge

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GofD, Sep 14, 2010.

1. GofD

GofD Well-Known Member

Just wondering how many other girls there are here. I know Peggy and Shelley and Dragonfly and a few others, but I figure it couldn't hurt to do a roll call and see what everyone's role is (haha) in their site/community.

I'm Susan and I started our site as a hobby just over five years ago but it quickly grew into a passion, then an obsession. Thankfully, it's grown enough to pay all the bills. I let my husband play along. :p J/K!

How about you? Women only please!

whynot and Dragonfly like this.
  2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

You've probably seen me post a time or two. My site is a scrapbooking site...still not paying it's way yet but it came really close last year. I design themes in my spare time, LOL. Liz

Dragonfly likes this.
  3. GofD

GofD Well-Known Member

Yes, hi! Our daughter's name is Elizabeth - should have remembered you! I've seen your site - very nice integration!

4. Elizabeth

Thank you. I worked hard to make them play well together. Liz

5. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Female. :) Have you ever assumed that someone was male or female for literally months and then been shocked to discover you were wrong? It's happened to me quite a few times in the past. :D And guys don't take it kindly when you assume they're a girl.

Dragonfly likes this.
  6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Here! Great idea Susan!

I don't have any forums atm, only my personal blog.

I may start a forum for parents of kids with Autism/Asperger Syndrome/ADHD, et al. My son has Aspergers among other disorders, and finding someone to talk to who relates is... difficult.

whynot and Dragonfly like this.
  7. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Walks in.. unlaces corset.. Oh thank god!

:D Hi Susan! I'm Kim, nice to meet you :)

I started out as a forum member on a tech site about 11 years ago, after a bit we got our own forums, then we switched software from vB to IPB, and I fell in love with skinning it! I worked with Invision doing Custom Skins on a contract basis for a while before starting my own site IBUnique in 2003, IBU was very successful, however I sold it due to a family tragedy in 2005, but bounced back in 2006 with Skin by Dragonfly, my current online home :)

We live near the beach in regional NSW Australia, about 60kms from Sydney.. where I grew up...I am also a Mother to a teen boy with Asperger's syndrome, and a wife of a million years to Jethro (Jeff) who is a sweetheart :) Passionate in all things I do, I love art, cooking, reading, music and having fun! :D

Well that's me in 100 words or less :p Nice idea for the Ladies Lounge! :D

8. GofD

GofD Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies ... anotheralias, Peggy, Kim! It's after midnight here, and hubs has gone to bed so I'm off for the night. Girls, please welcome all the newcomers! :D

9. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Will do! Sleep well Susan :D

10. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

So girls.. what's happening?

I was lucky enough to have my honey cook me dinner tonight, Spag Bol, very very nice it was too, only problem with that was I got lumbered with the cleaning up! One thing I hate is any form of housework!!! :p

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Clicks on "Watch Thread" :oops:

Photon and Dragonfly like this.
  12. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Security!!!! some pervy git is peeping through the windows!

13. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

Another female here. I do not run a forum I just mod on a few:)

Dragonfly likes this.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Hey outta here!

Dragonfly likes this.
  15. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Hey Nix, welcome to you! :)

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Hiya Nix, welcome to the ladies lounge!

17. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Ahaha! (@ Broagn - and hi Nix)

I bet I lived not too far from you Dragonfly, once upon a time, for about six months: Coogee Beach outside of Sydney. (I think Coogee - or Coogi? I might have the spelling confused with the sweater.) Beautiful place, and I was so close to the ocean that all things aluminum would turn black. Took me awhile to realize that the minimart wasn't just selling ancient cans of stuff - it was the salt.

18. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcomes :D

19. Elizabeth

I'm trying to design elements for a collab kit for next month. My muse went missing for a couple of months and she finally came back and I was super busy yesterday. Most of the designers in my store put together mini kits into one big one for customers to get as a freebie when they purchase a certain amount of product. It's a great advertising method but one that is a lot of work, since all our products have to be original. 

Kim, I avoid most housework. I have severe back issues so we have a cleaning service come in every other week.  

And we have to run to the grocery store today for a few things. 

20. Elizabeth

Nix, welcome...
    BROGAN!!!! Go away, LOL.